• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Very Angry Engine

also
- a (know good or repaired) fuel pump relais
- the ignition amplifier module (aka 'powerstage')

I figured so, thank you. There is an 84 240 at the PnP, so I was going to try and grab the AMM, if it is still available. Between an undamaged intake tube and another AMM, I'm hoping this issue will be resolved. :doh:

After seeing the leaky intake hose, I'm going to guess that is your issue.

The resistance range for LH 2.0 is 3.5-4.0 ohms(IPD chart shows 1983-4 listed as LH 2.1).
You can do a resistance check to see if it falls into spec.
Here is an old TB thread where I came across some 2.0 notes.

http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=13912

:-P

Last edited:
That is the ribbed hose I am referring to. The tape sticks to itself forming a cover layer over the cracked pipe. It's a fully approved duct tape academy fix.

I replaced the intake hose with a good unit. Engine now idles at about 1200 RPM. So headed in the right direction, but still not there.

I tried clamping off the IAC hose and nothing happened, idle stays the same. The idle I have right now is with the black idle knob on the TB screwed in all the way, which I feel is not the way it should be. Another observation is that I feel no suction from the nipple that the vac hose from the Chrysler ignition box is plugged into, nor the nipple that sits next to it. Both of which sit atop the throttle body. Is that normal?

Could this be the new style yellow plastic bodied injectors?

Also, someone got the the 84 240's AMM before me, so I don't have a spare to test.

One thing I also did was clean the throttle body during this whole engine removal process. It was pretty built up and gross. Maybe the throttle plate is set wrong?

Edit : I forgot to add that this connector that sits against the firewall has always been missing two wires, the black and the blue/red. I'm not sure if it relates to my issue at all but here's the pictures: http://imgur.com/gallery/NBBI9sd

Last edited:
I loosened the all thread screw for the throttle butterfly, let it rest at full close and started it up. It sits somewhere around 800 RPM per my tach.

I think this means that the next step is properly adjusting the butterfly. Any tips on this?

You adjust the screw so it's only just touching the throttle arm. Something like a quarter turn from fully closed.

I found a post on another forum about setting the throttle plate on a 940. I followed that, which is the same 1/4 turn open. Thank you for confirming.

I also had to play with the throttle linkage a bit, as well as reset the TPS. I adjusted base idle a bit with the black thumbscrew, and after warm, the engine idles at about 850 RPM. I don't know how spot on the tach is, but it's pretty dang close. I do think I need to readjust the kickdown cable, as that seems a bit off.

Overall, it is much better behaved and far better to drive.

1/2 turn.

Alright, thanks. I gave it an additional 1/4 -ish turn. I also readjusted all the linkage, and also took care of my trans kickdown cable, which was all the way at 3mm in between the ferrule and the tip of the threads. Per Bentley bible it's specced to be .25mm min, 1mm max. Which explains why it felt off.

After warm, I adjusted base idle to about 720 RPM, or as close as I could with the in dash tach. With that set, it jumped up to about 800-750 RPM, which is about where it should be.

Back