• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Differences in EZK part numbers

voetganger

Goodmorning,

I was wondering if someone could point me to a write up about the differences between lh2.4 ignition control numbers, and especially the part numbers on them. I have a b230FB engine from a '92 940, and according to what i could find, the EZK p/n should be 0227 400 175. However, i can't find that exact one. I can get my hands on a 0227 400 176, which i think is from a B200F. As far as i know, the engines are very similar, so i think this should work. Could someone tell me if my reasoning is correct? Or point me to a nice source about the differences between them?
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/114-zmNlM8rC2hUW5L_7H6UGjPHmLv3rEfjJ_A2B320g/edit#gid=0 is where i found the part numbers.
Kind regards,

Hi

I would recommend you to get an EZK that was originally supplied together with the LH ECU number. There are major differences in how the software is set up during the years and models.

YS
Jaybee

I personally don't see or have had any issues swapping in between 2.3L 8v NA ezk bins along with any 2.3L 8v NA LH bins EGR or not and i have tried quite a few combinations long term. The load linearization maps are all the exact same. I cannot say the same for turbo or 16v bins. I have actually had the best experience/smoothness running the late B230FD computers with EGR patched out.

IME all the stock NA 2.3L ignition mappings aren't great. They all have the same issue of too little timing at both the load extremes and a wee bit too much right in the middle. And wayy too little in the low RPM area. but take that with large grain of salt, I am a tuning noob.

I am pretty sure I have all of the ones made except for the 162, 196, and 209 ezks.

140 - EGR
140.png

146 - non-EGR
146.png

169 - non-EGR
169.png

175 - non-EGR
175.png

231 - EGR
231.png

I can tell you from experience that my EGR equipped '91 240 did NOT like it when we tried a -951 LH module with the original EZ116K, it detonated like crazy. Redblockpowered (who actually composed the spreadsheet you've referenced) could tell you what the numbers were on the original LH and EZ116K modules.

I can tell you from experience that my EGR equipped '91 240 did NOT like it when we tried a -951 LH module with the original EZ116K, it detonated like crazy. Redblockpowered (who actually composed the spreadsheet you've referenced) could tell you what the numbers were on the original LH and EZ116K modules.

I do recall you saying this before about the det. Was the EGR disabled in the firmware? i should have clarified I patched it out on all the ones I tested as I don't have any EGR hardware (yet... :oogle:)

Where are you located? Have you tried ebay, tgere are a few out right now. Try search for: 3531648

BR

I am checking with a buddy, for a 175, who has access to many different types of ezk's.

I will send you a PM if he is successful.

Hey, thanks for the quick reactions! I got lucky yesterday and managed to get the EZK with the correct part number that was supplied with my ECU. So that shouldn't be an issue anymore:)

Back