• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

T5 done, good news and bad

Hard_Rocker said:
if you don't mind, what was your total cost for the swap, and how long did it take to get it all together once you had all your parts ready? I'm thinking WAY ahead here for a car I don't even own yet but it's good info to have :)

ALOT!:)
check PM.

Hard_Rocker said:
T5 is a Ford 5-speed manual transmission commonly found in Mustangs. It's an extremely strong transmission compared to the Volvo manual transmissions because it was designed to take the torque that a big V8 outputs. From what I've read it's becoming a fairly standard swap for high-power RWD Volvos.
Sweet! My car is high powered! j/k.

How much did your 1 piece driveshaft cost? I will probrably be switching to a 1 piece if I can't get this f*kin 2 piece to work correctly.

Did you have to modify that "little crossmember thing" which the driveshaft crosses through near the rear?

Cost for T-5 conversion

Hard_Rocker said:
if you don't mind, what was your total cost for the swap, and how long did it take to get it all together once you had all your parts ready? I'm thinking WAY ahead here for a car I don't even own yet but it's good info to have :)
I just posted what my conversion cost. It included a rebuilt B23FT but the trans conversion cost is broken down.http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=23646

You know my buddies 5.0/v8 volvo conversion makes lots of nifty noise from the T5 mustang trans. I think it's normal, I can even hear my customer's stock 5.0 mustang T5. However, it's hard to hear over the 305 v8 :)

Capth00k

www.valuez.com

Possible Noise solution for T-5 conversion

I saw something on Two Guys Garage I am going to try when I have my trans out again. They used a dial indicator to check the the alignment of the trans to the pilot bearing. They had it attached to a dummy input shaft and rotated it around the trans hole in the bellhousing. They were working with a small block chevy. They corrected the alignment with adjustable bell housing locator pins. I need to measure the Volvo pins and see if I can get the right size adjustables or ones that can be adapted.

yeeeeeaaah

it eliminates that annoying 2nd gear grind on MKII's.

sie du e ahhah

fining duuuu

yesyes...sooo that. i was actually wondering... what is the name of tha styling kit you have on that 740 of yours?? i really liked that styling;)

I hope you can give me a hint;) Ralph tuckker

Back