• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Shoehorning 940 Turbo into 1800ES

PaulLittell

Hi All,
I?m glad to be joining the forum. Please excuse me if I?m repeating an existing thread, but I could not find anything on this:

Has anyone installed a 940 Turbo engine [B230FT] and trans in an 1800ES in place of the B20F engine? If so how can I contact, get info and photos?

I?m dreaming that it?s a bolt-in.

Is there a meaningful weight difference?

Many thanks to all,
Paul

Paul
If you search the projects and restoration section you will find several similar installations you are proposing. Don't restrict your search to ES 1800s only.
I am still assembling parts to start on my 72 1800ES project. Rebuilt 1991 b230ft mated to a 350Z CD009 6 speed and a narrowed Ford 8.8 3.27 ratio. I don't have any pictures that would be of value to you at this time.

Larry
On Vancouver Island BC

Paul
If you search the projects and restoration section you will find several similar installations you are proposing. Don't restrict your search to ES 1800s only.
I am still assembling parts to start on my 72 1800ES project. Rebuilt 1991 b230ft mated to a 350Z CD009 6 speed and a narrowed Ford 8.8 3.27 ratio. I don't have any pictures that would be of value to you at this time.

Larry
On Vancouver Island BC

Thanks, Larry. Will do.
I'd love to follow your project as it comes along.

The interchangeability of 1800 and 120 components means you can get a pretty good idea of the hassle involved by looking at those swaps too.

Back