• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 Plug for O2 Sensor Hole in Manifold

sheepbleat

Car: ?91 244 w/ B230F, NA

Replacing my exhaust manifold with one from the junkyard. New one?s got a hole for an O2 sensor, but I was planning on running the sensor down by the cat.

What should I plug the hole in the manifold with? Is a regular bung plug capable of withstanding that heat, or should I be buying a bolt that matches the thread pitch?

Thanks as always!

I've had manifolds with both EGR and O2 sensors, EGR from just two exhaust ports while obviously the O2 sensor overlaps both 1-2&3-4. Wanna say they where different sizes aswell, but problem solved anyways

I used an M18x1.5 oil drain plug on my 90+ EGR port, easy to find off the rack at the chain stores usually. Can't comment on the NA thread size, but you may be able to get a plug for it from the chain stores as well. Just don't use the plastic/rubber gasket. lol

Sadly, yeah, I'd believe it Jimmy. lol

Yeah lummert...oil drain plug...just not a redblock one. No idea what it fits, found it hanging on the 'Help!' section at one of the chain stores in town.

You'd be surprised the number of nylon lock nuts people use for exhaust hardware

I made that mistake once. The exhaust leak and burning plastic smell informed me that it was a bad idea. It pays to check if the nut you grabbed from your of assorted hardware is a nylon lock nut.

Back