• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

do88 radiator feedback

volvoracer82

I searched some and didn't really see any definitive long term feedback on the do88 radiator. I see some of you have installed one, and was wondering if they are worth the premium, or if there is another decent drop in aluminum unit like the ones I have seen on Ebay before. I need to replace the 3 core copper one in my 242 pretty soon here. I don't mind spending the money if they are leaps and bounds the better option.

If this falls in the wrong section or if there was another thread on this, my apologies.

I have had mine for 7 years. No issues whatsoever. Pricey? It is, good things usually are. Can’t say it performs better but I didn’t want to chance it with a used one. Also it matches my IC so there’s that. It is definitely a quality unit.

I have had mine for 7 years. No issues whatsoever. Pricey? It is, good things usually are. Can?t say it performs better but I didn?t want to chance it with a used one. Also it matches my IC so there?s that. It is definitely a quality unit.

yeah, I'm not worried about the price if the quality is there, and if it fits relatively straight forward. right now I don't have the time to get into making something fit if its beyond some minor mods.

There's one sitting in my garage. Does that count?

it will count if you send it to me to beta test for you

yeah, I'm not worried about the price if the quality is there, and if it fits relatively straight forward. right now I don't have the time to get into making something fit if its beyond some minor mods.

It was a direct fit for me but the instruction on the website list some mild trimming of the brackets and rubber is required as well as drilling some relocation holes. I know I didn't need to do that for mine to fit and I have their IC as well.

I do recall reading somewhere only to use volvo brand coolant with it which I have.

Also note this is for MANual trans cars only!

https://www.do88.se/bilder/artiklar/pdf/WC-250.pdf

Last edited:
I heard there were reliability problems with the radiators from the FWD crowd. Something about end tank connections. I haven't had any first-person experience with this.

Everyone says the intercoolers are rock solid.

Had no issues whatsoever on my IC, but yeah, there was definitely trimming of the rubber, plus modifying the upper bracket due to thickness differences.

Can't comment on the radiator, curious as well though if you end up getting one.

Back