• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 Air Box Replacement

stickman

I'm considering ripping out the factory airbox in my 240T and replacing it with a "universal" cone filter setup. I've been using K&N OEM replacements in the other vehicles, but I'm considering other brands. Anyone out there got any first hand experience with Falken, Green or Ractive?

Lord_Athlon said:
How would you do that with the fuel distro in the way?

I'm still working that part out. I've got access to a spare box to experiment with before I actually mod anything on the car. Might need to make some custom brackets...

really afaik a stock kjet mann filter is pretty damn efficient. i ran 3in black pvc to the air box and hacked up a corner of the air box to have a: 3in inlet, mann filter, fuel dist, turbo

Assuming you're NOT using K-Jet, gut your airbox. If you want, I'll post pictures this weekend.

I removed the fuel distributor and capped the hole with a piece of scrap aluminum and a gasket. Take the air flap out. Remove the hot air crap. Thats all there is to it. My B230FT (and previously a B21FT) have no problems producing power out of that arrangement and a stock filter, along with MegaSquirt. If you want you can put a silica-passing K&N:nomex: in there.

Advantage: The emissions monkeys can't tell its anything but stock.

oh yeah, what setup are you running?

with my 60 trim t3, bar and plate ic, and b230 ic the stock box wasn't a restriction at all(the head was more than anything) at 15PSI

so if you;re running stock turbo/ic/intake the air box is youre LAST worry IMO

Back