• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

16v head block choices - what to build?

I forgot what belt I believe it was something off a fiat, but I'm pretty positive someone on here did a 16v with a square tooth belt

hmm
shouldn't be to hard to find the correct belt - just count the number of teeth from round tooth and contact a belt manufacturer like Gates for the correct part#

Pretty sure the crank snout/gear are specific to the B21/B23 forged (almost always) crank. The B230 has a different size snout where the gear mounts. TB lore has it that the B234 crank gear has a bad habit of disassembling itself under load.....hence the stronger versions.

I've got one of those KNOX or YF versions of that B23 crank gear.....if I can find it I will measure the ID. I've also got each version of the crank in my workshop, will check tonight if I remember...;-)

that would be awesome :oogle:

I like penta 16v heads. I'm putting the valves back in my turbo 16v car today. I lapped them, then took them back to machine shop and had them do a final back cut. All the real volvo performace redblock stuff came in the boats. Also the camshafts are better then the car heads. Also a penta 16v motor is a b230 block stock. I'm also using the penta 146 tooth timing belt and tensioner. I do have a custom steel crank gear with key. Like stated, the crank gear needs updating. The one that comes in the car 16v B234 will work on a b230 but it's easy to break the little nub off then it can slip and valves would then hit pistons.

Simon

Back