• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Andrew's 122 turbo project

V-band to flex section FTL. It was just too much wider than the exhaust tubing. It beat horribly on the floor of the car and it was far too low to the ground.

dKephS2.jpg

Or maybe it's just low car FTL. The v-band wasn't going to work regardless. I almost tore it off on the highway.

imiB7Zl.jpg

So I took it out and replaced with a stainless band clamp and some extra tubing. Here it is routed to the back of the car. Next time it's off the ground I'll get some better shots.

odCN2yX.jpg

Here's the bay all finished up though it's coming back apart tomorrow for a new intake/exhaust gasket and new carb gaskets. I was hoping to find a way to route the PCV hoses without using my air filter box since eventually I'll be using DCOEs but either that or an intake leak is causing some smoke. I know it has an intake leak for sure because I have the carbs set super rich to get it running at all. Once I put the new gaskets on I'll see if my smoke issue is really being caused by the PCV hoses. The clean intake and header made a lot of difference in how the bay looks.

dX27qL0.jpg

Here's a ****ty video.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/XBgAYzo8rwI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The drone is preeeety terrible so right now the back seat is out (for stereo and speaker installation) and I'm going to add some FatMat back there and on the rear deck. I don't really care how loud it is outside the car. I just want to be comfortable in there :lol:

Last edited:
Its pretty straightforward. Hack the old one out and weld the new one in. It can be easier if you have the entire tunnel from an 1800. I cut mine up and only had part of it. It was 100% worth it though.

Actually my entire powerplant from engine to driveshaft should be for sale eventually. Hopefully sooner than later.

Got my sprangz last week.

:rofl:
ys52O.jpg

The red and black ones are what I was planning to use before I got a full set of the blue ones. The black ones are TMEs that Ipd used to sell and the reds are some unknown progressives that I got for a decent price. The blue ones are stiff as ****. They cannot be compressed by conventional methods, like, my hands. This is about to be awesome.
where did you get the springs?

It's been awhile since I've been on TB, but just thought I'd restate how much I dig this car. pretty inspirational! sounds nasty and looks incredible.

I might have asked this before, but how's the ride with the coilover sprangz on the stock shocks? bearable? painful?

Painfully bearable? :lol:

The stock shocks are just way out of their range at that height. They were Bilstein Tourings which are inadequate at stock height, let alone dropped 5-6". For the front I went with KYBs for a v8 LeBaron based on suggestions from another member. The extended length is perfect for my ride height. I put the old front shocks on the rear because they are shorter than stock-length rears. I'll end up with KYBs back there too when I get around to ordering them. It's much more stable and planted now but still very stiff. But what would you expect, you know?

Engine sounds good Andrew.

My question is: How much of an handling improvement did the lowering springs & shocks used, make?

Does the car actually handle better in curves? Is it predictable in it's handling characteristics? Handles like true sports car now?

Back