• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Bennie The LS Swapped 244

89-240gl+t

Backstory:

Bought an Amazon about 8 months ago and completely redid the interior and got it to where I wanted it to be. I had no intentions of selling it but when a guy in Florida posted on the amazon Facebook page wanting to trade his LS swapped 244 I couldn't resist. We ended up doing straight trade sight unseen.

1989 244 build list

Lq9 Engine
4L80
Kaphlenke coilovers
intake fuel pump upgraded
Headers
Intake
Chevy SS intake manifold
Tune
upgraded brake master
Custom dual exhaust

Future plans

Going to be getting the interior back to where I want it, needs a bunch of little stuff but nothing major. Luckily the seats and door cards are all in really good condition.

Will be getting a custom tune by my buddy that owns a tuning shop

Rear end will be getting changed after the interior is all done

Want to swap in a bigger cam, valve springs, push rods and torque converter

OGkl43cl.jpg

shwdMD7l.jpg

First wash/detail, the cars paint is definitely not the best and was poorly done sadly. A lot of paint runs but will do the job, glad that the paint actually cam back to life

Xwo7sDTl.jpg

pUgxM87l.jpg

ZYoJKQVl.jpg

dqj08G1l.jpg

Looks like a lot of fun to come! Can’t believe it got to you so fast….time to change your sig :)

Did some interior refresh as i'm waiting on a huge list of parts coming my way shortly.

Had these mirrors sitting around for awhile that were installed on my 242

9I6z1RAl.jpg

1CeO8Stl.jpg

What started as a simple vacuum quickly turned into stripping the entire interior

E53DGADl.jpg

jmP63kJl.jpg

Refresh the rear belt cover with SEM Bumper Coater, SEM Color Coat seems to make this part in particular too shiny

IkFeYFYl.jpg

LgGSPcIl.jpg

Its been awhile since I posted here but slowly getting things checked off the list

Added two layers of kilomat, helped out a lot with cabin noise. Still would like to add some more in the rear

7NLPHBel.jpg

q0q4uj8l.jpg

When I first got the car it had some small tires on them so I changed them out for 225/50 all around. Definitely should have went with a smaller sidewall but it looks pretty dam good

nJYtw14l.jpg

DefXe5pl.jpg

The control arm bushings needed some attention, installed some superpro poly

YbDB4MGl.jpg

C4Ar5pal.jpg

resprayed the bumper/trim, grille, belt line trim and window trim

fdOqL2fl.jpg

pxS9Lsvl.jpg

yusxJDPl.jpg

ZYS6HLll.jpg

IhO75LAl.jpg

The major thing about this car that I do not like is that the previous owner had a very poor paint job done. When I was taping off the belt line trim the paint was coming off, I will be prepping the car for some 3m gloss black wrap. Besides the paint I'm very happy with how the car is coming along

Have some goodies on the way as well! Very excited to get these parts installed

SS2 Cam
PAC 1218 Springs
Titanium Retainers
Hardened Spring Seats
New Valve Stem Seals
7.400 5/16 chromoly pushrods
LS7 Lifters
Melling 10296 High Volume Oil Pump
LS1 Rocker Arms with upgraded Trunions Installed
IWIS Timing Chain Set with 58x Cam Sprocket, ARP Cam Bolts, Crank Gear and Dampener
ARP Head Bolts
BTR LS9 Cylinder Head Gaskets MLS Pair Turbo Multi Layer 4.100 Bore
New water pump
Crank Pulley/bolt
ICT billet accessor adapters
3600 stall
Locker diff

Lookin great!

I can tell you that the ?sound barrier? layer on top of the deadening material makes a huge difference for sound levels.

Back