• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Bergen's RSI 500whp 8v 245 Wagon

badass. good luck with the goal, shouldn't be that hard to hit

Thank you again for your help. I hope to see you out this way one of these days!

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c3/BDUB79/Project Volvo update/IMG_2574.jpg <-- I can't believe they made you park next to that heap of **** black wagon at Garage Sale :bleh:

You didn't post my favorite pic of your car so I'll do it for you:

HAHAHAHA It was MY honor to park next to that tight black wagon at Garage Sale. I can't wait to do it again next year! ;-)
That is one of my favorite pics also! Thank you for posting that! :)

Hehe, I use the same worktig as your friend with the exceeding amount of hair.

good stuff in here

That's Eric. He is one of RSI's founders, and a legend in the Volvo community. He never asks for recognition for all the amazing ish he does/has done, but he has defined redblock performance since before most of Turbobrickers had licences ;-)

Love it. Beautiful in person and in pictures. Glad to see the condensed down thread. Didn't realize how much thought and prep went into other parts of the car. What paint was used for the calipers and sway bar?

That the calipers and sways were done by Pat(Group A). He is meticulous in his work.

Last edited:
That is a huge amount of work and a brilliant end result. It shows me how much potential there is in these machines if the time and effort is put in. Great job!

WOW! Beautiful! You have my vote!

Now all you need to do is ask Santa for a set of nice mechanic's fender pads and you're set!

That's Eric. He is one of RSI's founders, and a legend in the Volvo community. He never asks for recognition for all the amazing ish he does/has done, but he has defined redblock performance since before most of Turbobrickers had licences ;-)

Also known as Turbobrick211 'round here ;-)

Your wagon has my vote for next TBricks feature car :nod:

OK, Fire'stinguisher intake man. Gotcha.

God dam, that thing inspires me to keep my 244 (even though i'm not). That wagon is ****ing amazing.

I'm jealous. Is that a specific color white? It looks pretty close to the BMW Alpine White that my 242 was painted.

I'm jealous. Is that a specific color white? It looks pretty close to the BMW Alpine White that my 242 was painted.

It's a custom pearl white. Usually you see blue pearl, or some variation of that. I went with a silver pearl to make it truly white.

have you talked to http://rpglasfiber.com/? They have fiberglass flathood and wagon hatches they will ship over here. I bet you can get the hood and hatch for ~$1k shipped. It'd probably drop another 100lbs+ off that thing ;-)

Halfway on the short list is a fiberglass hood and trunk with a carbon overlay i.e. they look like carbon fiber. There are rumors about someone making a run on carbon fiber products but I haven't seen any real progress there.

What are you doing for brakes? RSI R-Brakes?

I'd like to do the Wilwood set-up. I like the light weight factor.

It's not a real project car unless the 'short' list is pretty long. I'm curious what else is on that list.

It's moving from a project list to a "I just smoked another Z06 so I need another 'kill sticker'" list. :-P

have you talked to http://rpglasfiber.com/? They have fiberglass flathood and wagon hatches they will ship over here. I bet you can get the hood and hatch for ~$1k shipped. It'd probably drop another 100lbs+ off that thing ;-)
Karl got a quote for me, two trunk lids, ~$1200 shipped. Hood+hatch will cost more, but I didn't look at the per-piece price. And the parts aren't that nice. They're for race cars.

Removing the trunk and hatch would almost drop 100lbs. Hood is around 45lb in steel, Gemini carbon is about 18. I'm not sure about the hatch weight, probably 35-40ish lbs in steel? Be satisfied with dropping 50lbs from these two panels.

Back