• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Critique My Hydraulic Clutch Set-up

Totally agree. Not so bad having the slave in the box when you can get the box off quickly but this FWD tosh that takes ages to take off is a real pain.
Keep it easy to fix as thing can and will go wrong

I think you are doing the reliability of a decent concentric release cylinder a disservice, they are EXTREMELY reliable if chosen and implemented correctly, they will long outlive several clutches in a performance environment

The factory 740 turbo uses a pushing hydraulic slave for the m46, m90. It has that little clutch fork that pivots on the same side as the slave and you can take it out without removing the tranny. The fork that is. But since he's got a ford V8 in there with that bellhousing it's easy to just buy a concentric slave that just works. If your using the volvo redblock bellhousing not so easy. I've seen it done with the bellhousing modified around the input shaft hole with an aluminum plate welded in with studs or bolt holes in it. I was wanting to use a concentric slave with my getrag and quartermaster twin disc button flywheel. I ended up buying a tilton throw out bearing for BMW with the round radius where it touches the pressure plate finger. Twin disc doesn't use the flat faced throw out bearing like stock. Now I might just put an M90 in my 16v turbo project with the 850R aftermarket clutch and steel flywheel. Not sure at this point.

Back