• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Vancity Volvos

You are.
And it looks like the price went down. Now at $1800

https://vancouver.craigslist.org/van/cto/d/vancouver-volvo-240/7532615717.html

01717_3vn4O2njOBzz_0aT0ew_1200x900.jpg

I bought it for $1300

It's been a while but i'm back in a Volvo. Except i'm up north in Whitehorse now. Made the drive with only one flat in Fort Nelson.

Sorry, can't remember how to resize pictures. Been a while since I been on a forum haha.

315387693_10166867392130004_8411278266033468651_n.jpg

316105353_10166867392165004_8257768427812934270_n.jpg

Welcome back Gab.

What's going on in Whitehorse?

Work haha, been bouncing around the country the last 5+ years. Hoping to stay here for a while. Might make one final move down south in the future, we'll see.

I needed a cheap daily to commute with and everything sort of played itself to putting me back in a Volvo. Pretty happy about it haha.

Oh dang that's you!

I grew up in Watson lake. We always had Volvo's living there.

I love the Yukon. I haven't been back since 2015 when we went to Dawson city for a wedding. Got to go onto Tony beets dredge and shoot a 50 cal with him. How random.

Jordan

Oh dang that's you!

I grew up in Watson lake. We always had Volvo's living there.

I love the Yukon. I haven't been back since 2015 when we went to Dawson city for a wedding. Got to go onto Tony beets dredge and shoot a 50 cal with him. How random.

Jordan

I'm pretty interested in your 16v build! Motor build is a ways in the future but trying to slowly narrow down what i want. Tony Beets is a character, I applied to fly for him years and years ago but never heard back haha.

free
set of 14" wheels
1990 Ac compressor and Bracket

Located in Mission

Attachments

• IMG_3194.jpg
    IMG_3194.jpg
    438.6 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3193.jpg
    IMG_3193.jpg
    374 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3190.jpg
    IMG_3190.jpg
    370 KB · Views: 1
Might wander over but cannot guarantee - the silver '94 945T certainly needs a run but the weather is a bit spotty, it never goes out unless it is dry. Best to bring the daily driver I suppose if I get there. The green '94 945T is currently in the middle of having an upgrade to the '95 booster and pedal assembly, front brakes and some other odds and ends but hope to have it on the road within a month..

Spotted this morning in North Parkade, UBC. Who's this? :cool:And simply to troll the wealthy Asian youngsters at UBC...

meet in a few weeks.

everyone come.

tell your friends.

Whoops, missed even the announcement for the August meet. I've been busy.

So we just sold our house, and I'm cleaning out my garage and crawlspace. Over the years, about a half dozen RWD Volvos have come here to die. mostly '85 and older 240s, including a rare factory intercooled turbo sedan.

People who know me know I'm not much for throwing stuff out. I have a pretty big stash of cool stuff and almost all of it needs to go.

So, next weekend, I'm having a garage sale/meet in an effort to thin this stuff out and try to keep it out of the landfill/scrapyard.

Unfortunately, my barbecue is somewhere inside a seacan stacked up in Poco, so it won't be a meat like we used to do. Unless someone shows up with a portable grill. I think I can come up with some soft drinks and a cooler.

I don't have a raffle or a contest planned, like Leivon usually does, but I'll probably try to give you some parts to take home.

Sorry for the short notice, I was hoping to do this earlier in the summer, but selling a house is a tonne of work.

Details:
Saturday September the 9th.
2905 Jane St. in Port Moody
Start at 10:00am, I'll be here all day.
Show up in a RWD Volvo if you can. I'm two blocks from the skytrain if you broke it.
Lots of parking on the street.

If someone could cross post this to the local facebook group and wherever the Volvo club folks post, that would be great.

Where are you headed Sim?
Not far. We got a new apartment a few blocks away.

I'm looking forward to slashing a digit off of the heating bill, but there is no room for the bones of a half-dozen old Volvos, so everything must go!

I've still got a bunch more to drag out of the crawlspace, and there are plenty of good treasures already.

Saturday Saturday Saturday!

Don't miss the RWD garage sale of the decade!

Plenty of parking and plenty of neat stuff to gawk at!

Back