• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Homer's 1990 240 redblock exorcism

Its tough to find good aftermarket seats that flip forward and don't look horrible/aren't death traps. Recaro is one of the few places that do it well.

Its tough to find good aftermarket seats that flip forward and don't look horrible/aren't death traps. Recaro is one of the few places that do it well.

The few LS seats that I have here only old the backrest by the knob side. The danger of collapse keeps me up at night. I'm mildly tempted to replace them with a 3-point-friendly fixed back unit like this:

https://www.marradind.com/proddetail.asp?prod=LX2-LB

Took the 240 to its and my first track day. Sonoma was a ton of fun and no funny business from the 240 was a big win
934wRXb.jpg

oSUahUJ.jpg

tkka9OW.jpg

Took the 240 to its and my first track day. Sonoma was a ton of fun and no funny business from the 240 was a big win

I meant to leave a non-snarky reply but forgot - so here it is! That's awesome that you took it out to Sonoma. What were your general impressions of the whole experience? I know it might take a few more sessions before you get adjusted, but I'm curious to hear what you thought of your car and how it handles that environment.

The only 240-specific experience I have at Sonoma is Patrick Pieper's 244 Turbo Lemons car for a stint about 5 or 6 years ago - and it was quite enjoyable. I'm accustomed to a welded diff on track so that didn't faze me, and remember that it felt really solid and predictable but still light enough on its feet to be fun in the tighter sections. I'm sure your T5 powered street car is a whole different animal there. It's a serious track for your first time out! Those walls are pretty unforgiving.

Come down south this winter and we can go to a Buttonwillow trackday weekend - it's a really rewarding track too, great fun to learn, but out in flat silty farmland so the consequences of a small mistake or 4 wheels off are *much* lower than at Sonoma.

See below
I meant to leave a non-snarky reply but forgot - so here it is! That's awesome that you took it out to Sonoma. What were your general impressions of the whole experience? I know it might take a few more sessions before you get adjusted, but I'm curious to hear what you thought of your car and how it handles that environment.
I had built up quite a bit of nerves beforehand, stressed about wrecking, breaking something, looking like an idiot being the noob etc. Previous suspension iterations were NOT confidence inspiring so I spent a lot of time building trust in the car. In actuality with the 225/245 setup it seems pretty neutral. The car did great, better than me I'd say. It's definitely a hell of a lot of fun, the car is actually tossable which is what i've always wanted. Took me a few iterations to get there but I think the streetable 240 formula has been cracked:lol:

The only 240-specific experience I have at Sonoma is Patrick Pieper's 244 Turbo Lemons car for a stint about 5 or 6 years ago - and it was quite enjoyable. I'm accustomed to a welded diff on track so that didn't faze me, and remember that it felt really solid and predictable but still light enough on its feet to be fun in the tighter sections. I'm sure your T5 powered street car is a whole different animal there. It's a serious track for your first time out! Those walls are pretty unforgiving.
it was never short on power. The walls, elevation, and off camber corners are no joke there. I didn't realize till after the fact and talking to some other people that sonoma is a lot to take in at once
Come down south this winter and we can go to a Buttonwillow trackday weekend - it's a really rewarding track too, great fun to learn, but out in flat silty farmland so the consequences of a small mistake or 4 wheels off are *much* lower than at Sonoma.That sounds like a great idea and lower stress!

Just read through the last 50 pages of this, and wow! Massive respect to you, and what an absolutely beautiful car you have ended up with!

See below

Sonoma is definitely intimidating the first few times. And your first few HPDE track days are sensory overload as well. Combine that with the fact that you've invested so much in the car, and the nerves are completely understandable!

Glad you had fun though and are thinking about doing it again.

I'm serious about Buttonwillow - the Opel is pretty much always ready to hit the track, and I haven't gone out there for a fun day or weekend in far too long.

Just read through the last 50 pages of this, and wow! Massive respect to you, and what an absolutely beautiful car you have ended up with!
Thank you for the kind words
Sonoma is definitely intimidating the first few times. And your first few HPDE track days are sensory overload as well. Combine that with the fact that you've invested so much in the car, and the nerves are completely understandable!

Glad you had fun though and are thinking about doing it again.

I'm serious about Buttonwillow - the Opel is pretty much always ready to hit the track, and I haven't gone out there for a fun day or weekend in far too long.

I'm in like flynn

Back