• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Carlisle no more?

Will you go to the new show? (no tire-kickers)

• Total voters
Not happy about this either and as of right now I will not be attending. The date change also conflicts with other stuff I have to do so that's another strike against it. Such a shame but I think we should all jump ship en mass and show them how we feel. Combine the shows?? It'll be the smallest show ever. I go every year to hang out with my friends in the company of other great like minded people and to look at beautiful and/or interesting imported cars old and new. I have NO desire to be around loud exhaust contests or weirdos competing for low car limbo. I also feel like combining these shows will ruin camping by pushing us out with the "there's no room" excuse. They've been pushing us campers out for years now and this is a great reason to make the camping area even smaller.

Nope. Not going. They're not getting any of my money in 2016, that's for sure.

Mike P, I'm in for a scrapple meat as long as I can get away for a bit that weekend!

I've never touched ground in DE, just driven through a tiny piece of it. I'd love to find another way to see all of my favorite TB people on the same weekend import/kit would have been, because it's a holiday weekend in canuckistan and basically the only time I can get 3-4 days off in a row. If it still involves camping I'm all the more for it.

I had a pipe dream about hosting some such event in my mom's 15 acre field but I feel like no one would come :lol:

EDIT: I bet the Saab crew are super pissed about this as well, and they are the biggest group of attendees every year to import/kit. This was really a bonehead move and I hope they figure it out and fix it.

Haven't been in a couple years but definitely remember seeing videos from the dbags at the performance show, interested to hear how it goes....

I don't think it's going to change it much, I'd rather see the shens be officially organized than have people doing donuts on the showfield in the middle of the afternoon, etc.

The organizers claim that they have the shens under control from the "tuner crowd." They are planning to have the atmosphere stay more mellow during the day and allow the controlled chaos events happen during the evening hours. And they note that they got rid of the "DB Drags" (car stereo contest).

I'm fairly certain everyone is making this a bigger deal than it is.

Nope. I've been teaching a decent percentage of these "tuners" for 20 years.
H2oi has some good stuff, but it's mostly re-re's driving clones.

I'll have a gathering the week before, on the new date of the Horn Point fly-in.
The carlisle weekend I'll go to the Ocean City cruise.

What's a "shen"?

Super_e4b00a_622099.jpg

People always get like this when things change.

To varying extents, yes, some people do.

However, I feel pretty comfortable saying that more than just a vocal minority do not have their collective fancy tickled by the performance and style agenda laid out by the Carlisle folks.

I love me some burnouts and stupidity (in a safe-ish environment), but really just want to get my bermuda shorts/plaid shirt and Hemmings ballcap on when I'm at the Carlisle import show.

For those who are worried about P&S, Ken has comepletely and utterly revamped that show and everything which represents it. I'd suggest looking at some of the cars which have attended over the last 2 or 3 years, get some newer information than Jalopnik articles from 2008.

Back