• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Finished my B230ft swap but having issues

Sliding242

Hi guys, I think this is my first post here.

So I managed to swap and rebuild a b230ft into my 242 and I cant be happier to finally get this thing done but I have just a couple issues with some questions.

I picked up an MBC and and A/F gauge. I got it on and setup without any restriction through the MBC so there was no restriction when you would blow through it. After turning it up the slightest bit and taking it for a drive, I would floor it and I could feel the car start to FLY but then it all of the sudden has hesitation and doesnt even have stock power (like it cant even go as fast when I didnt even have the MBC on).
So it seems like it has fuel cut issues when it goes the slightest bit above stock boost which is about 6 or 7 psi?

Anyone have an idea, from what I have read I should be able to go up to at least 10 psi before having these issues.

I have seen people put a resistor on the MAF to increase fuel supply? but I dont think that it is the answer since I shouldnt have fuel cut problems at the moment

You guys are so smart I would not have thought about the hose collapsing. I find that my filter is too small and creates to much resistance, causing the hose to collapse. Any recommendations on a good intake setup? BTW pulls pretty good, thanks guys

The hose collapsing is a common problem is why we all had that problem when we turned up the boost. Get better intake filter, cone filter perhaps. Also newer stock intake hose that isn't all soft could fix the problem or replacing intake hose with solid aluminum piece and just use the rubber to connect it at each end. That way you don't have a big rubber hose that will collapse. You might also be able to buy aftermarket silycone hose that is stock style but would be stiffer then rubber.

If you can get extra aluminum boost hose the one that goes between the intercooler and the intake manifold you can cut it and use the end that has the nipple on it for the PCV hose like the rubber stock before turbo hose has.

So I do have a generic cone filter, spec-v I think. The hose is definitely soft but I have this stupid sensor in the hose, pct I think, wondering if I can just get rid of it but then what would I do about blow back? I am interested in your aluminum idea. Maybe I can move the pcv hose to the intake manifold instead of right before the turbo so that I wont get oil going through the turbo and intercooler once she gets a little older, I should set up a catch can as well (off topic)

Gotchya, wondering if it would be healthier for the engine to run it to the manifold now, instead of right before the turbo, like I said oil will eventually be running through the turbo and intercooler, I dont like the sounds of that

That is why I said use a metal tube that has a nipple on it so you can put your PVC hose there before the turbo like stock. You should leave it there. Also as stated you don't need that temp sensor if you got it. I don't think the lh2.4 240 harness even has that in it if yourn't using that.

Last edited:
That is why I said use a metal tube that has a nipple on it so you can put your PVC hose there before the turbo like stock. You should leave it there. Also as stated you don't need that temp sensor if you got it. I don't think the lh2.4 240 harness even has that in it if "you're" using that.

It's not a temp sensor in the intake hose. It's a heater.

about your power loss, wat kind a sparkplug wire's are you running? i had in mine, (12psi lh2.4 chipped) some b230f wire's, and it did not work at all. at about 3500 4000rpm it began to lose power, almost like fuel cut. i have now some b23et plug wire's, and it fly to 5000+ rpm.

Back