• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Davis 2022 - Date Confirmed!

gsellstr

Vintage anti-ricer
300+ Club
FORMAL RELEASE!!!

The twenty-first Davis Show & Swap Meet returns to Central Park in Davis, CA on Sunday, May 1, 2022. Gate opens at 8:00 a.m. and closes at 10:30 a.m., with the awards ceremony starting at 1:30 pm.
The Saturday, April 30th Pre-Show activities are also back, starting at 8:00 a.m. with a breakfast hosted by Niello Volvo Cars Sacramento at their dealership. The dealership is also the starting point for the foothill drive, which commence with a 9:30 a.m. drivers meeting. After the drive, Sacramento Chapter President Walter Donnell will be hosting an afternoon/evening barbeque at his home.
Please note that while the Saturday activities are free – for the BBQ, donations are gladly accepted and appreciated.

Pre-registration is required to be sure that we can accommodate everyone. Registration for the Saturday events is now open and done through the Golden Gate Chapter website at: ggvcoa.com and closes on April 23, 2022.

Sunday Show pre-registration $20 per Volvo is also open and may be done through the Golden Gate Chapter website. Day-of-show admission is also available, at the gate $20 per Volvo CASH ONLY.

Last edited:
Hopefully I'll get to see all you silly geese soon :p

I miss having something to look forward to.

Not to be negative Nellie, but I don't see it happening in Spring, fall maybe but the road to herd immunity will take time.

^Hence my comment about iPd. The lack of herd immunity might be debatable, but, the governors of WA, OR, and CA seem to want to keep things locked down. Only way I see things changing is when/if they wind up falling over and hitting their heads on something hard, putting them into amnesia.

To be honest, they are getting ready to lock things down again here, as the numbers are going absolutely thru the roof. As someone with a parent in the hospital right now, not for COVID, it's a weird f'ing world. One of the biggest hospital's in town, they have turned some of their storage rooms and such into rooms with beds, it's surreal.

^Hence my comment about iPd. The lack of herd immunity might be debatable, but, the governors of WA, OR, and CA seem to want to keep things locked down. Only way I see things changing is when/if they wind up falling over and hitting their heads on something hard, putting them into amnesia.

We can all be like Florida.. no offence for floridians. :lol:

Well I guess that gives me time to put together another Volvo. Got another 244 in Reno, I was going to pick it up when Russ drove up for work. Trip cancelled due to Covid, Gov said no travel, so it's still parked up there. It's safe and secure, just waiting for me to bring it home.

Hey everyone,

[FONT=&quot]There will be no Davis Volvo Meet in spring, 2021. With local government limits on park facility use, as well uncertainties as to the future of the pandemic, the event planning committee decided that it was not possible to organize the Meet for its usual last-weekend-in-April date. The planning committee intends to discuss the situation again in early 2021, and consider scheduling the Davis Meet for fall, 2021. The Davis Meet has been an annual west coast Volvo event since 1999.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I know we all miss it, but this is unfortunately outside our control. On the flip side, it gives us all time to get more projects done on our cars. What does that mean for you? No excuses to not show up when we finally get a show going! None, nadda, no chance, you have NO reason to not be ready. Period.
[/FONT]

Im still gonna have an excuse when I show up in the 940 instead of the 142

Back