• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Ford 2.3L Lima MS + Harness - can it work for stock 940 2.3T?

Msi

Hello fellow TBs,

I found this -

https://www.stinger-performance.com/store/microsquirt-pnp-2.3-ford

"Microsquirt Plug & Play Standalone Engine Management + Harness for 2.3L"

This is for the Ford Lima 2.3L engine, N/A and Turbo.

For 650USD it includes:

-Microsquirt EFI Controller
-Complete Engine Harness
-3 Bar MAP Sensor
-Intake Air Temp (IAT) Sensor
-MAP Hose
-Base Tune
-Startup Guide (11 pages)

I ran an inquiry with them about the harness and they replied:

"The harness is wired for a factory Ford coil and a tfi distributer not your crank sensor. All microsquirt wires exist in our harness"

My questions are:

How complicated would it be to adopt this to a stock 2.0/2.3 940 Turbo?

Does the price seems fair for the deal?

Thanks in advance!!

Kennys pnp is top notch. Ive ran the pnp was simple to hook up and he was quick to answer any questions.

Absolutely agree.

I'm looking into a full standalone harness because I'd like to remove all OEM electronics from the car and I'm too lazy to build a harness from scratch.

Hence the question I posted.

Absolutely agree.

I'm looking into a full standalone harness because I'd like to remove all OEM electronics from the car and I'm too lazy to build a harness from scratch.

Hence the question I posted.

My car had an engine fire when I was running PNP play from kenny. Instead of buying another harness, I built mine. It wasnt hard but time consuming, it helped me learn alot about MS. If you dont want to build one, I bet kenny would put one together for you. Just my guess. That ford harness does look tempting though.

I had contacted Stinger months ago, hoping they could make a Duratec work. The Lima is strong, 50 years ago.
Without the headaches of MS, there dont seem to be any easy answers.

Yoshifab might have a plug and play Microsquirt harness for LH 2.4 that doesn't use the existing loom. I saw one for LH 2.2 he was testing.

The 8 foot MicroSquirt harness from DIY has nice labels on every wire. This makes building the harness easier.

While the Ford plug&play harness might work, I'd expect that there will be excess wire length in some places and not enough wire length in others, unless the manifold and sensor locations are very close between the two engines. In other words, it may look ugly and will still require modification to fit.

I'd expect that there will be excess wire length in some places and not enough wire length in others, unless the manifold and sensor locations are very close between the two engines. In other words, it may look ugly and will still require modification to fit.

That's a good point.

FYI - if you don't like the look or robustness of black split loom harness wrap, you can buy high-temperature non-shrink harness tubing by the meter from digikey - search for: Raychem NETM1000. It's flat black, instead of shiny, and only goes up to ~1/2" I.D.

Oh man, I was not aware of Rockauto. Thank you!! This makes me a happier TB owner :bummies:

If it makes it easier, here are the sensors and connectors I ordered from Rock Auto:
DELPHI PS10081 Manifold Pressure (MAP) Sensor
DELPHI TS10077 Air Intake / Charge Temperature Sensor
WVE/AIRTEX/WELLS 1P1016 Air Intake / Charge Temperature Sensor Connector
STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS HP3980 Fuel Injector Connector
BOSCH 0280122001 Throttle Position Sensor (TPS)
WVE/AIRTEX/WELLS 1P1421 Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) Connector

I don't know how to connect your sensor for flywheel position.

Back