• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Quebec's first T6 swap (Maybe)

So here is the idea we came up to mount the S14 subframe on the car. Feel free to give me any advice if this looks too sketchy. I'm a bit puzzled by how the forces are going to work against these mounts and I don't want the subframe to rip away from the car for sure.

So you can see the square tube beam welded to the rails on the previous post. These round tube standoffs are going to be welded to the square tube and boxed. I'm going to weld a wheel bolt that as been machined on a latte to 7/8" so it'll fit tightly in the S14 bushing and it'll be welded at the bottom of the standoff. That's for the 2 rear mount points. I haven't figured out yet how to mount the front of the subframe but it'll be easier than the rears.

T1DOpiM.jpg

QqUQBMG.jpg

F54nzT6.jpg

V0EH9cu.jpg

q4aoW46.jpg

yeJeN01.jpg

make 2 please ;)

Just talked to him... He'll do a run of 5 or 6 to make it profitable... I sent him pictures of the intake gaskets and he says that it's easily doable... Only problem is that it's not clearing the PS pump... I'm looking at electrical ps pumps.

M4KJ73D.jpg

Last edited:
Now is that the B6304 head or the b6284t?

B6284t... I have a B6304 head also and gasket at hand. I'll check tomorrow if the runners or bolt pattenr are that far appart. I not I don't think it'll be that much of a assle to modify his CAD file for the 3L head.

Hell I might need one myself since all these high power 6 cylinder Whiteblock swaps are using the B6304 NA head.

Now is that the B6304 head or the b6284t?

Different intake manifold bolt pattern for the B6304 but the intake ports are at the same place though a little bit smaller. Roger said that it wouldn't be hard to make an adapter for that head with small modifications to the CAD file.

Biggest problem though would be that big thermostat housing and the PS pump bracket so an electrical ps pump and relocating the thermostat would be required. I will also have to modify the coolant neck on the head even if the thermostat is on the front of the engine.

Different intake manifold bolt pattern for the B6304 but the intake ports are at the same place though a little bit smaller. Roger said that it wouldn't be hard to make an adapter for that head with small modifications to the CAD file.

Biggest problem though would be that big thermostat housing and the PS pump bracket so an electrical ps pump and relocating the thermostat would be required. I will also have to modify the coolant neck on the head even if the thermostat is on the front of the engine.

I?ve seen a few of the Swedes running the housing from the later motors, this style:

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/vo...YZJG-J2dqUCU--EzKukd7P1b0sCg9L-EaAnfmEALw_wcB

It?s not exactly the same but so,e how they are doing it.

This is how I solved the thermostat housing issue. Ended up just brutalizing the damn thing along with the back side of the timing cover. It's a really tight squeeze in that area, I had to trim down the ITB adapter plate and thermostat housing edge quite a bit. There's also less than 1mm of clearance to the TPS when the #1 throttle body is bolted on.

kaOqm2nh.jpg

This is how I solved the thermostat housing issue. Ended up just brutalizing the damn thing along with the back side of the timing cover. It's a really tight squeeze in that area, I had to trim down the ITB adapter plate and thermostat housing edge quite a bit. There's also less than 1mm of clearance to the TPS when the #1 throttle body is bolted on.

kaOqm2nh.jpg

It'll easier to modify mine since the thermostat is in front of the engine but I'll have to keep this in mind if I ever switch to a B6304 NA head in the future.

Is there a "rule" dictating the distance that the thermostat can be from the head? If not wouldn't it be easier just to mount it near the radiator?

Some progress was made for the S14 subframe install...

Rear subframe attachment:

waTHtgB.jpg

WkxiLGB.jpg

O3TLkde.jpg

fedFIAp.jpg

Front bushings attachment points. First making a plate that will bolt into the holes that are already present on the 740's underside:

GdppU96.jpg

Then made the stand offs to bolt the subframe in place (I'll work on the aesthetics later):

TkHod4m.jpg

Pretty much aligned and in place. May have to drop the left rear attachement point a bit.

30JHFS4.jpg

Next will be adding some reinforcement here and there and cutting out the spare wheel tub to weld in a new trunk floor for the fuel cell.

I'm going to test fit this tonight! :oogle:

Eit1rhm.jpg

xhDOqGY.jpg

Not the final product but Roger needs to know if all fits well before machining the final product.

Test fitting the 2JZ intake and adapter plate. Power Steering pump in the stock location is definitely a no but I'll get an electric one to work.

Coolant elbow needed a little massaging to clear the adapter plate and intake manifold flange but it'll be an easy fix.

Roger is going to do some fine tuning on the plate's design and that will be it.

y214ePo.jpg

PVIg9LT.jpg

lBvIX07.jpg

SfAcHZp.jpg

YrzBgUq.jpg

Coolant elbow trimming:

FtNgbjK.jpg

Will have to trim it some more and weld an aluminum plate:

Y9ogVGQ.jpg

I will post pictures of the plate to head and 2JZ to plate port matching when I have the adapter in its final design. I also have to test fit the alternator.

Back