• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

buzzing inside cabin

neek

I have a 79 244 with kjet. I started my car this afternoon to go get some coffee creamer and was half way to the store when a loud buzzing noise started. It hasn't done this to me before. I read somewhere that its a fuel pump relay but its literally brand new and the oem one KAE branded. Any ideas?

Where does it sound like it's coming from? Front? Back? Center? Left? Right? Inside dash? Is it high pitched or low pitched? Slow buzzing or fast?

2vxesfd.jpg

it looks and feels like its coming from the thing with all the wire harness is plugging into. Whats it called?

Yes, it's the seat belt reminder/door buzzer. Sounds like someone with severe constipation who's sitting on the thundermug. 1980-early 1983 cars have one that sounds like a dying cow. Later cars have the dinger.

-J

Relay. I have the one from my '86 somewhere if you want that annoying ding, for some reason.

no i'll just remove it. Thanks anyway :-D

its weird that it just decided to start buzzing randomly after all this time tho

Back