• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

960 vs 940 - IPD wagon lowering springs 2020-21 bump

FreeEMSFred

I'm looking at importing a set of IPD lowering springs for my early 960 wagon but I'm wondering if the fronts will sit lower than the 1.75 inches claimed due to the heavier B6304 engine? Does anyone have experience with this product and how it looks/feels/works/sits on a 960 as opposed to 940/740? Any thought/input welcome!

I was feeling him pushing the dumpster of spam up the tb loading ramp, so i reported the post. Buzz put him in the timeout corner. If he floats, he?s a duck.

I'm looking at importing a set of IPD lowering springs for my early 960 wagon but I'm wondering if the fronts will sit lower than the 1.75 inches claimed due to the heavier B6304 engine? Does anyone have experience with this product and how it looks/feels/works/sits on a 960 as opposed to 940/740? Any thought/input welcome!
Depends on the year.
I just specced a set of 945 springs, sitting here talking to joisey pete about getting his late springs, and kyle?s early springs to spec. Then i can give you numbers.
I?ll upload the recent ones tomorrow.

Another spring maker for lowering springs is Lesjofers. They have them for a fair price on Carid web site. 1.57" lowering in the front and rear.

Edit there is also B and G lowering springs claiming a 1.6" drop front and rear.

Last edited:
Right now I have a 940 and 960 wagon, so could head to the dump and get axle weights for them with me in there to see if it's pretty close or not. Could just be the high profile tyres and worn shocks making it feel boat like. My little 360 feels boat like, but you can tell it's light through that.

Thanks for the pointers, will pursue this in due course.

PS, probably some javascript issue in his browser, I guess? First post was a good pointer that I hadn't thought about at all. Also something I could engineer myself, but maybe not worth it depending on shipping to NZ.

Ordered the 740/940 wagon spring set and have the rears in and they're not much lower than the ruined old sagged ones (I assume) and I'm hoping the front is similar or it'll be quite nose down :-D

Springs and shocks:

EsnT829U4AASC58

Esn7s6IVEAAelqg

Esn7v2jUYAAicGZ

Esn7xuSVoAAcm3G

Esn7ywRUUAEYcgv

And with just the rears done, the result:

EtM4lVQUcAADBNf

Still looks level, but you can tell it's lower sometimes. Lights are borderline high and depending on terrain wheel tucks more easily.

I tried a set of 40mm front springs on a 960, it lowered a good 70mm or so. Std 940 springs I am told will lower a 960 about 40mm but are a bit on the soft side

To give you an idea of the springs used my 88 765 w/B230FT has the heavy duty front springs which are also used on the 92-94 960

Back