• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

power gain b230f

evilfish

I got a b230f regina (115hk). volvo740
1. What power gain will i get if I get a 531 and vx3 camshaft and electric fan and headers ?
2. Is it worth it i will buy a 945 for 100$ for parts car.
3. How much time will it take me to do

1. Maybe 15-25 rear wheel horsepower.... ok, maybe 35 rwhp.
2. Yes.
3. between 12 hours and 3 weeks depending on your skill level.

edit... the bigger question is can rex/regina handle the additional airflow?

Last edited:
is it wire draw for electric windows ?

Do you constantly roll your windows up and down while driving? If so, then yes there will be current used and I guess if you did all 4 windows at the same time you could be hampering performance.

Depending on how you wire it, the fan shouldn't be on all the time.

the 940 I am getting have power window and if the wires are already in the car i will move them over

edit: will take the front light to from 940 and put them on my 740

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/MX0D4oZwCsA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Stock (crank) hp is 118 and torque is 140 ft-lbs.

Going to a VX(3) or advanced VX will gain ~15-20 hp or so, maybe more if you add a free-flow exhaust, but the bigger issue is the loss of ~15-20 ft-lbs of torque and regain the M cam torque. Advance the VX more than 3 deg, like 5-7 deg, open up the exhaust to 2.5" and try some moderately bigger injectors. I don't think headers will do anything with the simple addition of a 531 and VX3 except make it louder.
Again, not sure if the Regina can handle the bigger flow. LH 2.4 can, so a conversion would be one of your biggest improvements, that plus a chipped ECU.

Back