• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Carlisle Volvo Meet - 5/20-22/2016

Brickpride

Hey all!

Another year has passed and it's only a little over 2 months away!
Click here for passes and the like: http://store.carlisleevents.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=23

Now, I know a lot of you are disappointed because the Performance and Style crew will be among us, but I know as long as we have eachother I don't think it'll change a thing. Besides, we might even have some good entertainment to look upon

Who's in?? Matt (MrAshDarksideTM) and I will be hosting a caravan meet up in Ohio again this year. Come by Thursday evening. I'm REALLY excited. Hopefully this year I don't fall into Matt's bmx back wheel again. That left a nasty mark on my leg due to my clumsiness!

Still meeting for lunch as the yearly tradition goes??

EDIT: Too soon? Haha. Getting hyped about it. Please don't let me be the only one!

Last edited:
Maybe. It looks like they upped the prices again, plus perf & style addition driving away some of the people who I usually really look forward to seeing. So I'm kind of on the fence, but I don't want to end up not seeing the people who are going until potentially fall.

I drive almost 500 miles each way for this event, and never had the wherewithal to pre-register, so the price difference is minimal for me. Also, this is the first year in...holy crap...3?4? Years that I've been able to actually take a Volvo to it, so I'm definitely going. It'll be a bit of an unknown, I predict less classics and more tuners, so I'll probably take the 240 or V70 rather than the amazon.

I definitely want to meet at the Harrisburg Perkins for lunch and convoy from there as that's one of the funnest parts. Driving in convoy (at least with the Philly crew back in the day) makes the event so much more fun, at least for someone coming as far as I do. Where does the Ohio group hit 81?

Last edited:
I drive almost 500 miles each way for this event, and never had the wherewithal to pre-register, so the price difference is minimal for me. Also, this is the first year in...holy crap...3?4? Years that I've been able to actually take a Volvo to it, so I'm definitely going. It'll be a bit of an unknown, I predict less classics and more tuners, so I'll probably take the 240 or V70 rather than the amazon.

I definitely want to meet at the Harrisburg Perkins for lunch and convoy from there as that's one of the funnest parts. Driving in convoy (at least with the Philly crew back in the day) makes the event so much more fun, at least for someone coming as far as I do. Where does the Ohio group hit 81?

We head out and meet at the Perkins in Harrisburg like you said and then head back with the group to Carlisle. We missed em all last year but we'll be sure to get there in time this year!

I'm in! I've been to Carlisle for the swap meet and GM but never imports and I've owned my 245 for 4 years now, given it's a beat up DD.

Keep us updated on details and a possible meet up. Is there plans on the Philly crew driving in, who heads that up? My parents live in Chester County and I'll probably leave from there.

Matt just bought ours. They did increase the price a little. Usually there are a few caravan threads that pop up a couple of weeks beforehand. I think the caravan from Matt's house will just be two, but thats ok!!

I'm in! I've been to Carlisle for the swap meet and GM but never imports and I've owned my 245 for 4 years now, given it's a beat up DD.

Keep us updated on details and a possible meet up. Is there plans on the Philly crew driving in, who heads that up? My parents live in Chester County and I'll probably leave from there.

Mate I live in west chester and can meet up. I can only go up sunday as I work at Volvo on Saturdays. I have a white 245 im gonna drive

Start making the caravan threads. Might take time to get them organized.

Perkins may not be happening. The person who takes charge of that isn't going so I shall meet up with you all at Carlisle :)

Last edited:
I will be going. Will your caravan be leaving Friday morning? I might be in depending on when I can leave.

Pete, who usually organizes the philly convoy, isn't going, but he doesn't necessarily organize the Perkins meet up, everyone just shows up there, just how it is. Usually 12-1:30-2ish, on friday until there's a solid number of people that want to get to the campground.

I will be going. Will your caravan be leaving Friday morning? I might be in depending on when I can leave.

Oh yeah, early friday morning. I Think we left for breakfast at 6 but didnt leave ihop til 8. Maybe we'll get an earlier start going this year. This will only be my 2nd year but Matt's the veteran haha.

Pete, who usually organizes the philly convoy, isn't going, but he doesn't necessarily organize the Perkins meet up, everyone just shows up there, just how it is. Usually 12-1:30-2ish, on friday until there's a solid number of people that want to get to the campground.

Ohhh okay. :) Sounds like we're going then :p

Will be attending, however I'll be volvo-less. :grrr:

Oh no D: How come?
One of our friends I think is coming volvo-less. We'll see though

There's a LOT of work to do to boxxy before Carlisle. Hoping we can just do the wires but we may have take the whole engine off. Matt's not ecstatic about it, but I take it as a great learning experience (for me - he's done it before)

Back