• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

The 2019 East vs West Competition.

Damn Volbros! I wasn't sure anyone was playing Volvos this year. But you guys came out in force to close out the year. I think I have everyone added. If I misssed a timeslip, drop a note and I'll track it down.

I have to say it is always a pleasure to curate these timeslips. I get a chance to see first hand what kind of wicked B.S.O.s (box shaped objects) people are assembling. It is inspiring and I'm proud to be part of this community.

Some highlights for 2019

Total participants: 16
Turbo Winners: WEST -- by a small margin!
NA Winners: WEST -- 1 NA racer. Good one klr142
Hybrid Winners: EAST -- Close one here too.
Overall: WEST -- by 50 points.
Fastest ET: Roger Dee --10.33@128mph

Wahoo! Thanks, sir! I'm glad I helped make the best coast win this year. It's been a while since I contributed much and I look forward to doing it again next year. I probably won't race the S60 anymore though, so I should probably put some effort into making the 240 at least a little bit faster again. Maybe the big valve head will go back on with a nastier camshaft. :)

Another best coast win, awesome!

Now to fix the bottom end that's hurt, get the nice head fixed, get a proper tune, and break it in time for 2020. lol

You needed almost twice the entries than the East Coast submitted to win. :-P

I hope I'll be able to contribute this year!

So is there going to be a 2020 post? Considering all this covid crap what are your guys opinions on using a Dragy for 1/4 mile time? Its very very accurate.. I made a couple of passes last night in the beater..

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/vrNusUBQiI4" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I didn't even realize we failed to set up a 2020 post. I can start it.

The dragstrip in Denver is open. I personally haven't visited this year. It seems fun, but not really my idea of "safer at home". But despite my lack of desire to go racing, I'll take 1/4 mile timeslip submissions if other people are making runs.

The draggy app looks good. But I'm not sure we should encourage that kind of behavior on public roads? Maybe if you go to Mexico for your 1/4 mile, 100mph + runs...

I'm OK with accepting the data, especially this year. It sounds like a fun addition, show off your hard Volvo work, and stay away from racetracks if you need to.

What's everyone's opinions on using something like this?

So is there going to be a 2020 post? Considering all this covid crap what are your guys opinions on using a Dragy for 1/4 mile time? Its very very accurate.. I made a couple of passes last night in the beater..

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/vrNusUBQiI4" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I support the idea, but the safety aspect is a concern since it can become a condoned thing by the board, liability concerns, etc.
I don't have anything worth running this year unfortunately.

This sounds like a good way to gently ease people back into post pandemic racing. And show off what they built over the last year.

Does someone else want to volunteer to do organizing and book keeping?

Suppose I could!

Wound up running all 14s on Friday. Trap speeds went from 101 to 104 (or 106 according to my last datalog if you are inclined on believing that). My friend's E46 M3 was trapping 101-102 and a stock Charger R/T was trapping 98-99. It was a bit of a slow night.

Not too shabby.
Let me know if you want my spreadsheet. Or just roll it your own way if you dare. I need to get to the track too. I haven't run my red 16v wagon.

Suppose I could!

Wound up running all 14s on Friday. Trap speeds went from 101 to 104 (or 106 according to my last datalog if you are inclined on believing that). My friend's E46 M3 was trapping 101-102 and a stock Charger R/T was trapping 98-99. It was a bit of a slow night.

hell no, make the IT guy build a form in AWS for all of the rest of us to use :-P

Ease nothing, let's light these candles and get this thing going, what's it gonna take. How much **** do I need to talk to yall to get this moving forward?

I have been to the track a couple times this summer, and it's almost always a good time. Minus potential visits from KoolAid Man. Did we ever get a 2021 east vs west thread going?

I'll cave and do it if there isn't one going. I know summer is almost over, but somebody must have some timeslips sitting in their glove box to add right?

Back