• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Effective duel E-fan set-up

BeaverMeat

Going with a Contour V6 fan assembly on the Volstang... fits the diesel rad perfectly-ish.

I’m going with two temp ranges for the fan kick-in. 97-92*c (207-197*f) and 102-97*c (215-207*f)

That should be about right for a 5.0L with a 195*f t-stat to stay with-in the 200-210*f operating range.

What is the most effective fan sequence?

Run the driver side fan at 207* at low speed only with the pass side fan at 215* at high speed only?

Or

Run both driver and pass side fans at low speed at 207* then kick-in high speed at 215*?

OR

Run the driver side fan in a duel speed sequence of 207 low and 215 high. The pass side fan will be a high speed only kick in at 215?

Thanks in advance.

I cant answer your question but, tubo240.com has some great info on cooling. Also, autocoolguy.com has some fan control setups. Word advice dont use the stupid probes that slide in between you fins on the radiator. I may be missing your whole reasons here but, wish someone told me before I went down a long path of dinking around with electric fan controllers that were junk. Worse case read up on these sites there will be something to help you.

I’m using OE hardware. Depending on how it’s wired I’ll be using a Volvo duel speed relay. Going analog.

97-92*c switch from a 1995+ Miata in the t-stat housing and a 102-97* push-in switch from a “Regina” 7/9 in the rad.

Back