• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

I know its not rwd but I need help xc90

Also is it OK to disconnect the shaft and drive to see if that's the issue

Which shaft?

The prop shaft has to be taken out of the pinions on both ends. You can't leave one in. I remove it completely when I'm at work.

You can't remove a front axle and drive it.

The popping while turning makes it sound even more like a bad front axle (or your bevel gear has completely failed, but you'd be hearing alllllll sorts of other terrible noises)

Jordan

Which shaft?

The prop shaft has to be taken out of the pinions on both ends. You can't leave one in. I remove it completely when I'm at work.

You can't remove a front axle and drive it.

The popping while turning makes it sound even more like a bad front axle (or your bevel gear has completely failed, but you'd be hearing alllllll sorts of other terrible noises)

Jordan

I was referring to the rear axle, my mistake...also there aren't a ton of bad nosies at all just the aforementioned pop. I watched a video of removal...doesn't look bad except where the (haldex?) Side gets kinda stuck

I was referring to the rear axle, my mistake...also there aren't a ton of bad nosies at all just the aforementioned pop. I watched a video of removal...doesn't look bad except where the (haldex?) Side gets kinda stuck

I have a punch that I've bent at about a 45 degree angle that can be inserted in the unthreaded hole, then the punch hit with a hammer to pop it out. Some can be a real pain. The front one will either fall out, or it is going to suck since there isn't as much room as the rear.

Jordan

May not be what you're describing, bout our XC90 felt really unstable at speed when the control arm bushings were shot when we bought it.

Back