• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

MountainMeet 2022-September 21-25

image-54f8af50ef7ee.jpg

I can't put into words the excitement I have for MM. Krysti is more excited than expected, which is awesome. She must be feeding off my energy lol. I was planning on bringing the 740 by either driving it or bringing it on a flatbed, but fuel prices have pretty much squashed that. Unless they come down substantially in the next 2 months of course (yeah right). So it looks like the Sonic will be our trusty steed. I had a blast in it last year, should be the same this year as well.

Will there be Boudin again?! :drool:

I can't put into words the excitement I have for MM. Krysti is more excited than expected, which is awesome. She must be feeding off my energy lol. I was planning on bringing the 740 by either driving it or bringing it on a flatbed, but fuel prices have pretty much squashed that. Unless they come down substantially in the next 2 months of course (yeah right). So it looks like the Sonic will be our trusty steed. I had a blast in it last year, should be the same this year as well.

Will there be Boudin again?! :drool:

Awesome. Yeah, I still have quite a bit of Boudin in the freezer. I may be making a trip to south Louisiana again, if I do I'll grab some more, or bribe the DeVries to pick up some more frozen boudin balls.

We're not to the point of mission criticality yet, but I have gotten some more food funds and that's much appreciated.

Please think about chipping in a few bucks when you can!

Flying into Atlanta on Wednesday (21st) morning and borrowing a RWD (barely) Volvo, I can pick anyone up either in Atlanta or between.

If anyone is heading back to Atlanta Sunday (25th) I'll be looking for a ride to the airport, that is unless anyone sells me their 220...

Or you could drive the 740 and avoid hooning..

ugh. no that would be fairly miserable with no overdrive and stock suspension. from a reliability standpoint there's no reason it shouldn't make the trip, but *I* wouldn't survive lol

Flying into Atlanta on Wednesday (21st) morning and borrowing a RWD (barely) Volvo, I can pick anyone up either in Atlanta or between.

If anyone is heading back to Atlanta Sunday (25th) I'll be looking for a ride to the airport, that is unless anyone sells me their 220...

The Montgomery crew would probably be your best bet for an airport dropoff. They tend to leave around breakfast and go right past the airport.

Coop and I will be there! So stoked!! MountainMeet is one of the highlights of my year. Not sure I'll be in a Volvo unless someone wants to loan me one for the weekend lol. But the E46 should still be fun if I haven't sold it for a much less reliable Swedish steed by then. @proav8r I know I sent you $ but let me know if you need more with the rising food costs!

This is fantastic news.

The Montgomery crew would probably be your best bet for an airport dropoff. They tend to leave around breakfast and go right past the airport.

this is true, however this year the montgomery crew is down a couple vehicles (so I'm gonna have to plan accordingly lol). toying with a small trailer instead of putting everything in the car

this is true, however this year the montgomery crew is down a couple vehicles (so I'm gonna have to plan accordingly lol). toying with a small trailer instead of putting everything in the car

Probably smart. Just don't pull a Nick and get a pot metal and paperclip hitch for the car.

My flight lands at 5:30 in the morning. I'm sure I can entertain myself until it's time to roll up on NC but I'm more than willing to drive to AL and pick up whatever.

Back