• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Porsche Cayenne brakes on a 240? Sure

Homer

OEMplus++
300+ Club
GROUP BUY HERE! http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=286247

Well. It works. Pedal feel is fantastic, firmer than stock 240. Modulation is excellent and its quite capable of throwing you into the dash. I haven't tried to lock up the 245s yet.

Details.

Front calipers. 17Z L and R from a 2005 Porsche Cayenne V8. 6 pot (330mm rotors)
Rear calipers. 2005 Porsche Cayenne V8. 4 pot
Master Cyl. 1.0625" bore from a 1994 Mustang GT
Rotors. S60R front and rear. Brembo.
Pads. OEM Pagids all around.

The adapters were designed by me. I'm considering doing a run of kits for this conversion. Overall the pricing is on par with the S60R brembo swap. Can be a little cheaper if you get lucky on ebay.

Because of the staggered pistons and the fact that on the Cayenne the calipers are mounted leading edge, I had to flip the crossover pipes and bleeder screws to retain the even pad wear.

DSC_8919.jpg

DSC_8922.jpg

DSC_8924.jpg

Comparo.
DSC_8927.jpg

Removing unneeded lines and draining fluid.
DSC_8929.jpg

Always helping.
DSC_8976.jpg

DSC_8979.jpg

DSC_8986.jpg

I notched the brake line holders so I can swap strut tubes when I fancy up the suspension.
DSC_8990.jpg

Crossover line removal.
DSC_8995.jpg

DSC_9001.jpg

DSC_9006.jpg

Rear 240 rotor with the rotor portion cut off. This retains the stock parking brake.
DSC_9008.jpg

DSC_9009.jpg

DSC_9010.jpg

Trimming the backing plates to fit.
DSC_9014.jpg

(The bleeder screw was just a dust plug)
DSC_9015.jpg

DSC_9017.jpg

The patient and owner.
DSC_9020.jpg

Master Cyl.
DSC_9022.jpg

Wat.
DSC_9025.jpg

The only modification needed is extending the pushrod on the booster. ~.8"
DSC_9032.jpg

The rear port is M10 bubble flare, front is M12 bubble flare so a reducer is needed.
DSC_9034.jpg

Yes the triangle is coming out.
DSC_9047.jpg

They're there. Hiding. Waiting.
DSC_9053.jpg

Last edited:
Do the outside edges sit more inwards then the s60r calipers? I don't really know how to describe it...

Do the outside edges sit more inwards then the s60r calipers? I don't really know how to describe it...

I know what you mean. Outside face of caliper to outside face of rotor. Not sure. I've never had an R caliper in my hands. I can measure if you want though.

I'd be interested in that measurement. Then see f someone with an R conversion could do the same. Or I'll measure on the next R that comes through the shop

My car is roadable too.

Like?
Material is 7050 for the rears and 7075 for the front. They hold the calipers all good.

I was guilty of skimming your post, did not read.

you made and designed them.

I have been trying to decide which way to go with my brakes.

Do you think this will fit under borbet type-e's?
16 x 7.5, 20mm et at the moment.

Typing on my phone on the train, excuse the brevity.

Back