Thread: LS Tuning
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2021, 03:37 PM   #19
OldCarNewTricks
Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240wagonguy View Post
I got as far as downloading the PCM Hammer stuff and setting it up. Gotta build a flashing cable and whatnot.

My suggestion for budget build? Leave the engine 100% stock, figure out how to get it running by turning off security and deleting emissions codes, then move on from there.
This is something I've really been thinking about. I still have the stock camshaft and springs. The PCM is for an LQ9, and my 6.0 is an LQ4 that I am putting 243 heads on to. It will have a slightly higher comp ratio than an LQ9, about 10.6:1 (LQ9 is 10.1:1). However, I bet that the factory tune is "safe and rich," so maybe the motor would run just fine with that. I have LT headers, high flow cats and dual 2.5s that merge into a single 3.

The camshaft I had purchased for it was a Trickflow 228/230 112 .585/.585. It's not a HUGE camshaft or anything for the 6.0, or so I've been told. It's not supposed to be hard to tune. With this cam, people were estimating a healthy 400 rwhp.

With that being said, I'm going to be running a Chevy 10 bolt and a 4l60e. So the real question is do I really want to run 500 crank HP through that... even with the stock camshaft, I would likely be making a little over 330 rwhp.
One thing to note is that both the 4l60e and the 10 bolt are being built up to handle more power.
OldCarNewTricks is offline   Reply With Quote