• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

1990 245 inbound...

tsteph12

I had been looking for a very long time trying to find the right 245 and the search is finally over. Many here have certainly had interactions with forum member ?15A? be it buying/selling parts and/or technical advice. Chris is most definitely a perfectionist and undeniably passionate when it comes to his ground up restorations. I am so grateful to have been put in touch with him a few months ago as he was approaching the final stages of completion with this 1990 245. He has been so gracious with his time throughout this entire process. It was finally loaded up on trailer earlier this past week and should arrive here in CA in next couple days. Photos courtesy of Chris with his permission. I?ll post more in the next coming week.

LsudRUx.jpg

ARx0865.jpg

UmfdVOi.jpg

c3Rykiu.jpg

EkiCrBs.jpg

B40SJfv.jpg

qa8Xdrk.jpg

l3iOzOq.jpg

How many miles...10? Looks brand new.

Had 118k miles before restoration by Chris and was a one owner car from Georgia before he acquired. Odometer was reset to zero when he had it rebuilt, along with everything else. Original engine was overhauled and has about 290 miles on it so far. Am so grateful that Roy put me in touch with Chris a few months back. I have not yet seen the 245 in person, but from all the photos forwarded, believe this is pretty close to what a new wagon would have looked like in 1990 on dealer lot. I?m sure looking forward to it arriving this week.

Few more photos:

5OHCF7T.jpg

QEyDUVP.jpg

nRoNPDq.jpg

oVm8rQn.jpg

HE31DUP.jpg

JMb3yWu.jpg

fCgGtcm.jpg

GXswsUE.jpg

Last edited:
Does your state have laws against tampered with odometers?

Application for new title in CA regarding out of state vehicles has question asking if odometer miles are accurate. If no, it asks one to explain why. I?ll state the truth that original odometer was broken, so after rebuilding was zeroed prior to my taking ownership.

My home state has mileage exempt after 10 yrs (unless you insist they notate it). When 100% of the car is redone, I have zero issues with it being zero'd (when the cluster was redone also). If its a refresh, nothing really 'rebuilt', etc....I have it set to where the chassis mileage is / or believed to be. But we know that here - to look at the ODO now you'll know how long ago and how many miles ago it was redone. Want 'chassis' mileage? Add 118,554 to the number. Like wanting actual mileage on a 240 (99.9% of all ODOs are broken) is a serious question. lol

I had this car almost 3 yrs. Kept getting pushed to the back of the line for other bigger projects. This car has Stealthfti's last motor. When we spoke on Tuesday, he told me it was done except he was looking for a nicer oil pan - apparently the original had a ding. Said to come down Saturday to pick it up. Thursday I got the call he had passed the night before.

I always get questioned as to why rebuild a 118k motor.....only reason we wanted to was it had been overheated 3x by the PO (plastic radiators and once was the thermal switch came out). The wiring was really bastardized so was rewired with a 92 harness (newer AC and PS updates as well). This car rides and runs really smooth, has a great stereo, working cruise and AC thats 47F at the vents. :cool:

Back