• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

New to me '71 142

AndrewNance

Amateur hour!
I went to Georgia this weekend and bought MikeSr's '71. This is a Volvo that I have always wanted. I loved it when he first posted pictures of it and after I saw it in person I knew I would pester him into selling it to me. :oogle: This is the whole reason I sold my old drivetrain from the 122. There was no way I was gonna let this car go to someone else.

The color combo is my all time favorite of any car. Hands down. Interior is a brown/black combo and is in decent shape. He added an M41 with a short shifter so it drives awesome. It needs some small things here and there but I plan to find some wheels that are more to my liking, drive it daily, and work on it as it needs things.

I'll get some proper pictures eventually, but until then...

2W7x0SS.jpg

AbuL9C3.jpg

AQ5VcUp.jpg

I like it. I'm with you about the wheels, they don't look "period correct" for my taste, but what do I know? Maybe some Minilite replicas or something, perhaps? Is that a bit of tinworm poking out in back of the right rear tire?

Thats amazing. Really loving it. Kinda like the wheels, kinda dont at the same time.

Minilites are over done. Itll be a tough choice to fidn somethign that compliments the car and stands out nicely.

Well they are for sale if anyone is interested. 18x8 et40 5x108. It's not that they aren't period correct as much as it's just that I can find something better for it. Whatever it is it'll end up being cheap reps probably. Unless I can get a good deal on some old school mesh wheels. I'm not one to spend thousands on wheels. I'd like to get some 16x8s and call it a day.

Does anyone know the thread size of the 140 short shifter? I need a knob for it pretty badly.

Greg, PM me about the suspension and we'll see if we can work something out. I'm more interested in the rear setup but I don't know how stiff I want the front to be.

Well they are for sale if anyone is interested. 18x8 et40 5x108. It's not that they aren't period correct as much as it's just that I can find something better for it. Whatever it is it'll end up being cheap reps probably. Unless I can get a good deal on some old school mesh wheels. I'm not one to spend thousands on wheels. I'd like to get some 16x8s and call it a day.

Does anyone know the thread size of the 140 short shifter? I need a knob for it pretty badly.

Greg, PM me about the suspension and we'll see if we can work something out. I'm more interested in the rear setup but I don't know how stiff I want the front to be.

Or some 195-65's on 700 series 15's .. just say'n.

Is that for the long bus shifter or the shorter one? Or are they the same?

Who's on whose lawn now? :-P

But seriously, I will probably need some things from you here and there. You can keep the 740 wheel though.

Same threads long or short.

Go ahead but it won't have nice road feel and drive right on fatty rubber... just say'n.

:-D

Big Wheels Keep On Turning.

What if I stretch some 175s on there?

Stock for the 164 was 175R15 so they'll certainly fit, bit that's a 26" + ? wheel, and isn't going to return the best all around economy, not to mention finding that size in anything but a Vredestein out of Holland.

:-P

But hey go ahead and go for looks, you don't / won't need your steering box anyway especially once you convert to a Miata rack.

Back