• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Benefits of msd coil

You haven't noticed any small

improvement...........?

I guess my stock Coil was worn out then or something. :roll:

After I installed a new Cap, new Wires and with my exhaust upgrade and K&N I then topped it off with

an MSD Blaster 2 Coil. I noticed a slight improvement over the stock, acceleration seemed smoother and the Engine

seemed to have a little more punch. I know this for a fact because I had driven the car thousands of miles prior

without and now thousands of miles with the Coil upgrade, there's definately a slight improvement. A $40 Coil is

not going to give you some incredible difference but it should do a little something when combined with other

mods.

I did notice that it made more of a difference with platinum plugs, I've ran the OEM type

BOSCH Copper plugs and my car feels sluggish off the line and during acceleration compared to running platinums.

I was running BOSCH standard platinums for a while and after everyone reminded me about how prone the tiny

pinprick electrode was to fail I switch to Champion Standard Platinums that have a normal size electrode. It may

just depend on your setup or a few different factors.

Sorry you didn't get what you were hoping for,

least it's only a $35-$40 mod after shipping :?

I have a blaster 2 coil in my car and what I

noticed was the lack of hesitation in boosting situations immediatly after I installed it, so it did make a

difference to me, and It did make my car faster because of the engine not hesitating anymore.

I've got a B23E, mostly stock. I'm not going

to buy an aftermarket coil, I'm just wondering if there would be any advantage in fitting a blue Bosch coil from

a B27E? I've got 4 of them in the shed, so it wouldn't cost me anything to try....

I didn't buy it for no reason. I bought it

because I wanted to try it and I trust the name. I run it in all my v8's. I noticed things that I didn't

mention but I didn't notice any accelration improvement. I know it's not a lot but, I did notice better

starting and idling is smoother. My car used to when it was cold idle 700 down to almost stall then climb up

until I hit the gas quickly to wamr it up. That was cold start. No it doesn't do it.

Yeah, I'd say it's worth a shot in a NA

car....... May do somethin' for you and it's not a bad idea to replace the the Coil anyway after your vehicle

starts really rackin' up the mileage.

Well, as to the BOSCH Super Blue Coil. I personally HATE this

Coil becasue of my own experience! That was actually the first Coil I tried, believe it or not it was COMPLETELY

INCOMPATIBLE with my BOSCH Spark Plug Wires I bought, defective, poorly designed or something. You would think

that a BOSCH Coil would work with the 7MM BOSCH wires, well guess what it didn't for me :?

The top

connector for the wire that connects to the Distributor Cap kept slowly slipping off the top of the BOSCH Coil so

I took a wire tie and tightly strapped the top connector at the Coil so it it would not slip off. It was in there

firm, couldn't get it in there any firmer, went for a road test and my car started bucking and jerking like the

Ignition was going out. I'm lucky it didn't blow something in my Ignition setup. What a bunch of

junk!

Installed the MSD Blaster 2 and as soon as I got it and installed it, I was out racing around having

a little bit more fun in minutes, the cable that goes to the Ignition fit snuggly and nice and tight the first

time.

I purchased it from www.cbperformance.com, I told them that there is either a problem with the Coil

or they are not compatible with the BOSCH wires I had. They said "well we have never had this problem before",

these Coils work fine on everything we try them on. I said hey I'm not lying I can give you the receipt from the

MSD I had to order because your Coil sucks. Basicallly they wouldn't do anything and denied the possibility of

any problems with their BOSCH Super Blue. Let's put it this way, I would not touch a BOSCH aftermarket Coil ever

again.

---------------------------------

And back to the MSD Coil

See see, it

did do something for you :D

Making me feel guilty for telling others it's a worth while mod :(

I'm just playin' 8)

Later

I have run one( MSD blaster 2) in my 86 non

turbo and my 90 turbo. The car starts a little bit easier, smoother acceleration (i didnt notice more), and a

little bit of gas milage increase. I may just be fooling myself into believing this things are occuring, but I am

pretty sure they are. Dont expect a big increase. The blaster 2 coil doesnt fit my stock spark wire. I can get

the wire on, but it slips off sometimes. Never when driving, just when I try to put the wire on. If you work at

it you can get it to stay on. It also doesnt fit the stock bracket.

I looked on that site and didn't see anything

about the Blaster coil. I saw the Super blue bosch coil there though. Is it on there?

>Well, as to the BOSCH Super Blue Coil. I

personally HATE this Coil >becasue of my own experience!

Is this the Bosch coil used on 260's, which is

physically identical to a black 240 coil but different part number and painted blue? Or something Bosch offers

aftermarket?

I can cope with problems with terminals and connectors, I'm just wondering if trying one of

these blue coils will cause any damage, or if it's just a case of try it out. I vaguely recall someone once

saying that they tried one and their ignition ECU started acting up.

Just to recap, this is talking about

the possibility of fitting a blue B27E coil in place of the stock coil on a B23E.

BOSCH Super Blue is an aftermarket to the black

Coil, I don't know if it's the same Coil. I do know that it is BOSCH P/N 2031

Here's a link to the

picture of what I feel was a piece of junk (at least for me) and I'm lucky it didn't damage my ignition or

engine electronics when it started to make my car cut in and out under hard acceleration Sure looks like a nice

product though...........

http://www.cbperformance.com/catalog.asp? ProductID=347

Trouble fitting the Coil Wire to the MSD huh....? I luckly got a real good boot

fit the first time with my BOSCH wires. Made me happy as hell especially after BOSCH's own Coil Wire didn't fit

to their own Coil, that was a waste of time and money. :?

If you get the the MSD coil would you have to

get the MSD mount too? I heard it doesn't fit the stock mount.

Hey, Question, I would love to

get the MSD Blaster III (3) (THREE) as it looks cooler and I like the taller tower on it for the voltage jumping

resistance. Summit Catalog says that it wont work with anything but MSD ignition. Is this true? why wouldnt it? A

ignition coil IS just a ignition coil isnt it?

If its 100% that the III wont work, i'll get a MSD Blaster

2 then :( I wanted it NOW so when i convert to aftermarket igition, I'd have that neat coil...

Yeah the Blaster 3 is dope but it has different

voltage requirements, this would probably burn out a stock ignition or just not work at all. Unfortuantely, that

is pretty much true.........

growley said:
If you get the the

MSD coil would you have to get the MSD mount too? I heard it doesn't fit the stock mount.

My MSD coil fits in my stock mount, you just neen to tighten the bolt down tighter.

Back