View Single Post
Old 06-29-2021, 07:48 AM   #172
volvowagoon
Board Member

Continuing on with the basic mods. I think I found my new best bang-for-buck part!

I hate when I have to wait for a pop-up storm to pass over just so that I can retrieve the jack stands. I guess I could have gotten soaked, but I wasn't THAT excited.

So I waited and enjoyed the freshly cooled air while I sipped on one of my favorite IPAs. By the way, Sun King Brewery in Indianapolis has half price growler fills every Friday. Since this stuff is already cheap, I can fill my jug for $6. Can't beat that!

Anyway, Josh isn't kidding when he says that these frame ties are a must for any 240 owner. At first, I couldn't believe how much more predictable the car handled, braked, and even accelerated. Then I remembered the terrible locations of the four measly bolts holding the k-member in place. It's very believable now. I never thought that I would be able to enjoy a "spirited" drive in an NA 240 without bigger sway bars and lower ride height, but I absolutely did yesterday. I was actually able to break the rear end loose while flooring it in a wet roundabout!

1986 Buick Grand National - Restored to stock™
2002 Camaro V6 T5 +T - The trashy car that's fun to drive
2010 C30 T5 - The boring but trusty daily - 199k
1989 245 DL - The boring but not trusty daily - 233k
IG: @v6buick
volvowagoon is offline   Reply With Quote