• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Anyone here have experience with BR...

BTW, anyone has a suggestion for the question I asked in comment #12 above?

Here -
http://forums.turbobricks.com/showpost.php?p=6173840&postcount=12
IIRC my installation manual has the strut extended at that point. Fully compressed would make no sense if the spring is under preload only. I have also considered trying normal, cut HD rear springs instead for a slightly softer spring rate. Don't want to go too soft since I have 8kg/mm in the front.

Aren't the shocks adjustable? Try adjusting the shocks for more rebound to help control that bouncy rear.

The rebound is not separately adjustable. You have a single turn knob that says "Hard <=> Soft" with I don't remember how many clicks in between. That's it.

One of my friends solved the bouncy rear by re-valving the rear shocks.

The only problem is that where I'm located at - that cost him 2/3rds of the whole coilover set. And that's just too much for me at this point.

So I'm looking for TB wisdom on how to solve this.

If I can't - I'm on 8kg front 6kg rear springs - and

I feel like selling the rear shocks and fitting a pair of better ones is the way to go. Or maybe refitting the rear shocks and springs entirely.

I'm very very happy with how the front is. It's really superb.

IIRC my installation manual has the strut extended at that point. Fully compressed would make no sense if the spring is under preload only. I have also considered trying normal, cut HD rear springs instead for a slightly softer spring rate. Don't want to go too soft since I have 8kg/mm in the front.

I'll take the back apart and do it again. Double checking that the shocks are extended all the way at that step. It may just be the case that mine were already screwed into the base partially and thus not fully extended.

They don't have any R&D into them. They take their generic off-the-shelf stuff and slap it in a box.

For BC, it's a volume game. Quality isn't a consideration.

They have an extra caster edition.

3jbhVNJl.jpg

Hey that's my car! I would just like to add that this was caused by the lower bolt on my brake caliper backing out and the caliper lodging into the wheel causing to to lock up. The coilover didn't just break on it's own.

I will agree that their quality isn't the best and I have already swapped out the BC rears because of the bouncy ride.

If I could go back in time I wouldn't have bought them, mostly because the stiff ride doesnt match the rough roads around where I live.

What did you swap the rears to? Details details details :)

Just stock springs and dampers for now :e-shrug: and I raised the front ride height to match

Been debating whether or not I want to do a lift so there may be Cherokee springs going in. For now I'm just using the car to cruise around occasionally so stock springs are doing fine

Back