• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

New daily '85 245!

Danyul

Picked this up a couple weeks ago.

1985 245 GL
m46
219,XXX
Blue interior
Virgos with 4 centercaps.

Put my Momo wheel and short shifter in it and some rear 5.25" rear speakers. Just waiting to tint the windows so I can install my sub.

Plans (in order):
Tint
Front coilovers- Saab Bilstein HD's, 300# springs, coleman coilover kit.
Rear springs- ~250# springs, summit shocks.
Ronal r9 wheels. 16x8 front with 205/40/16's and 16x9 rear with 215/40/16 with 1" adapters.
+T

img3137v.jpg

img3139ue.jpg

img3140pz.jpg

img3147rw.jpg

img3142y.jpg

img3146kv.jpg

I do too. They're one of my favorite OEM wheels. I've just had these Ronal's for FOREVER, and I've been wanting to throw them on a 240 since my '89.

favorite year model 245! cable speedo, 120mph speedometer, 3.31 gears, b230f and the quad rectangle front end!
great find sir!!!

makes me miss my old 85 :(
PC210392.jpg

Thanks much! I really dig the black headlight surrounds!

I was also thinking of swapping to a flathood with the quad rounds, but this coffin hood grows on me more and more every day.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the flathood with quad squares, but I'm really liking the coffin hood too, so it's not a priority at all at this point. :D

I'm not really sure if I'm going to. If I do, I'm not planning on cutting them near as much as I did on my other car.

I'm hoping I'll get lucky at the JY some day and find some IPD sway bars eventually. I have some GT firewall braces though, that I'll throw on soon.

I'm debating on cutting the springs today or tomorrow, and just doing an alignment myself as close as I can. Suggestions?

how long before you can do coilover stuff in the front?

90 for the colman stuff 100 on struts and 75 on springs. cut chop weld and get bushings for the strut mounts and you're set.

Back