• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

MountainMeet 2022-September 21-25

so that'd be 4:30 our time, hmm..... I don't think I can even get myself functional early enough to be there then. man the time zones are going to hose you coming this way lol. so... ~5 hour flight, you're leaving at like 9pm or so?

My flight lands at 5:30 in the morning. I'm sure I can entertain myself until it's time to roll up on NC but I'm more than willing to drive to AL and pick up whatever.

Just FYI, the Delta Sky Club in the center of Concourse E in Atlanta has showers but idk if you can get in and I'm too lazy to look it up.

Also, driving that 960 from Atlanta to Montgomery and then back to the mountains may be the bravest thing ever. I took it to WV once in a pinch and it's never let me down, but it would be some **** to get stuck on the side of the road headed away from your ultimate in a ****ty old Volvo after flying across the country to hang out with people that enjoy ****ty old Volvos.

I may drive the Miata again. Partly because it's so damn fun on those roads, partly so it *knock on wood* can redeem itself after finishing last years MM with the U-haul trailer ride of shame.

Just FYI, the Delta Sky Club in the center of Concourse E in Atlanta has showers but idk if you can get in and I'm too lazy to look it up.

Also, driving that 960 from Atlanta to Montgomery and then back to the mountains may be the bravest thing ever. I took it to WV once in a pinch and it's never let me down, but it would be some **** to get stuck on the side of the road headed away from your ultimate in a ****ty old Volvo after flying across the country to hang out with people that enjoy ****ty old Volvos.

what 960? what'd i miss?

so I was boiling some bee keeping equipment (to get the wax off) and thought... any interest in a low country boil? I've got the equipment for it, and the burner can double as a second fryer (but the pot can't, ya ain't fryin in my crawdad pot). we've got pretty good spots to get shrimp and what not here local, I can grab some and put it on ice.

floating it out there. it's not crawfish season so I doubt I can get any mudbugs worth eatin', but I suppose I could ask that as well

skimming around, I'm guessing shrimp and crab are going to be the main things available. Since this isn't quite an everyone type of dish (and I don't mean that everyone can't join in, I just mean that normally not everyone is into seafood lol, it can scale as large as we want), who all would want in? I'm not gonna say anything about budget til I have some better numbers (cause honestly, I dunno. I'll call around and ask), just gauging for interest at the moment. I'd think 15-20 would cover it, but it might be as low as 10 per.

these are the kinds of things I put in the crawfish boil this past spring:

Conecuh sausage (localish stuff)
hot dogs
garlic
lemons
onions
taters
corn
mushrooms
*peppers
Spice bag (swamp fire was quite good and can get as hot as one would like)
~35lbs of crawfish

*there weren't a lot of options in season this spring, so this could be a fall twist. more along the lines of little sweet peppers and not things like ghost peppers

it is worth mentioning that 35lbs of crawfish is probably a meat-equivalent of 20 or so lbs of shrimp (Give or take a little, depends on the size of the shrimp).

yall let me know aside from jared and mike (and myself and matt) who's in and we'll architect this thing on up.

word. I'll mention it on the sept. zoom for those attending. we can go heavier on the non-seafood components too. hey mike, when were you planning on rolling in to town?

I need to talk with the new principal. I planned to leave early this year, but she might not be down with taking off 3 days. Mainly because I have some Dr. stuff too.
Original plan was dr office wed morning, then drive down. I?ll talk with her today.

Back