• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 M45 Gearbox - Identify part and rebuild question

Vol242vo

Keep it clean...
Upon draining my M45 I was greeted by a part that belongs elsewhere. Can anybody identify this part and what it does/serves?

Also, it appears the 1st gear baulk ring and its retainer clip has come free, can this be repaired without removing the Mainshaft and pinions?

4-CAEFC48-D7-E8-4-E22-9-BD0-3272494347-C7.jpg

543775-A9-E7-CC-46-D0-9326-DDBDAB52601-D.jpg

5-F5-B0-F2-B-B282-4-BD3-A913-5-EF5-FC377-DEA.jpg

Can anybody identify this part and what it does/serves?

No guarantees, but...

key.jpg

Also, it appears the 1st gear baulk ring and its retainer clip has come free, can this be repaired without removing the Mainshaft and pinions?

If that is actually the part it seems to be, looks like the baulk ring came loose, and allowed that piece (1 of 3?) to escape from inside the synchronizer assembly, between parts 19 + 23. I think it's disassembly time. :-(

hmmm... that brass synchro seams to be out of position
did you notice that the input shaft can slide forward without the front case/bellhousing there?
did you pull it forward AND rotate it?
Ask me how I know about this
M47_03.jpg

M47_02.jpg

M47_01.jpg

I was able to get the slide key and wire spring back into place WITHOUT taking the thing apart.
It took about 3 hours and was tedious but it can be done! Good luck!

I was able to get the slide key and wire spring back into place WITHOUT taking the thing apart.
It took about 3 hours and was tedious but it can be done! Good luck!

Back