• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Intro and Project Smurf

I feel bad that I didn't know how terrible those quarter panels were when I sold you the car. But I'm happy that you turned it all into an awesome opportunity to do something new & different.

This is my public apology / penitence post :uh:

Looking forward to seeing what this thing will do out on the open road, and how it will look with the lower body painted!

It has come a long way since it left Olympia, WA in 2014...

iCbE9w6l.jpg

i8lz5d3l.jpg

7ghNW9xl.jpg

4GiqzZNl.jpg

fbOxQ24l.jpg

I feel bad that I didn't know how terrible those quarter panels were when I sold you the car. But I'm happy that you turned it all into an awesome opportunity to do something new & different.

This is my public apology / penitence post :uh:

Nonsense! I would have bought it anyway.

Besides, we all know the real value here in "Cali". Nothing beats The Smurf's Big D!

Right, where were we?

The universe approved some project time this winter. Fits and starts but progress still!

Road noise reduction:

moGcF5Lh.jpg

KE0f2Rzh.jpg

91 Interior:

x7VbPo5h.jpg

cQLta72h.jpg

MLSWoBKh.jpg

Display and Wheel.

VIkAc2fh.jpg

Turbski Brace

p4Yyv0Kh.jpg

txKUgVvh.jpg

Crossover and 4" DP (adding bellows to WG dump tube)

F5yLIhlh.jpg

8aVITPEh.jpg

XYVWUAxh.jpg

mrH8xkkh.jpg

There's light at the end of the tunnel (hiding behind a lot of plumbing).

Fuel, Intake, Cooling, Braking, Wiring, Paint, and Tuning coming up!

Mid-blue wagonzz :drool:

This is some wild progress. I'm glad I saw the picture of the seat pans to remind me that they existed. I'm not sure how to go about fixing mine now. lol

Cheers!

I'm glad I saw the picture of the seat pans to remind me that they existed. I'm not sure how to go about fixing mine now. lol

I hear you. The OEM carpet padding traps moisture there. Had to repair mine as well:

QrGRDYBh.jpg

zO5iDiAh.jpg

It ain't pretty, but it's not show car anyway.

Nice work! Mine was already repaired by a previous owner which is why I'm scared to even pull the carpet. I found out that my seat track was bent and not the pan, so I'm going to put that heartbreak off a while or possibly forever. :lol:

Keep it up Nate! This is inspiring stuff. Won't be long now till SFO is fogged in with tire smoke from this bad jackson.

Motivation is a subtle thing. I blame it's fickle nature for the delta between planned and actual schedule. These weeks are whipping by!

Most of the fab is done now. Some mechanical left, mainly massaging the front fenders. Side skirts, the front splitter, and paint don't count as mechanical. Brakes are half sorted (fittings, need lines). Wiring and tuning are the biggies on the horizon now.

Exhaust is 4" to the flex-joint, then 3.5". Fuel system is in there somewhere:

HLhxV7Gh.jpg

CBPStDth.jpg

L3p5amah.jpg

Snug over the axle:

c64fmath.jpg

Gxa6ZG3h.jpg

fuYTsMhh.jpg

Limited out on axle adjustment, added adjusters:

W78UuJ3h.jpg

Cold side coming up!

mw3nilHh.jpg

fZ4kYMKh.jpg

Motivation is a subtle thing. I blame it's fickle nature for the delta between planned and actual schedule. These weeks are whipping by!

I'm right there with you dude. Motivation comes in waves for me. The forums help reinforce it when it comes... so use the high of sharing progress to get even more done now! It may seem trivial but honestly being able to share your work with a bunch of other passionate dorks is really cathartic, especially in the last year.

Everything looks really good on the recent progress - keep on taking those bites of the elephant and before long we will be talking about how to make it hook up and go faster...

Cheers!

Motivation comes in waves for me. (edit) how to make it hook up and go faster...

SOOO looking forward to that!

One cool thing about the Holley is that we can do boost by "X". Still haven't decided on X, but it can be 2 and/or a 3D. So wheel speed sensor or gear or other input. Variables like E85%, back pressure, and brake status can also be added for more fun.

One cool thing about the Holley is that we can do boost by "X". Still haven't decided on X, but it can be 2 and/or a 3D. So wheel speed sensor or gear or other input. Variables like E85%, back pressure, and brake status can also be added for more fun.

That will be fun. I think with the amount of low-end you'll on tap you will want boost by gear for sure (IMO) but if you can also ramp it up by wheel speed within each gear, then even better. I'm curious to see how easy or difficult it will be to dial in the desired amount of wheelspin. Of course after you burn through the first set of tires and get a stickier compound you'll have to recalibrate anyway :-P

That will be fun. I think with the amount of low-end you'll on tap you will want boost by gear for sure (IMO) but if you can also ramp it up by wheel speed within each gear, then even better. I'm curious to see how easy or difficult it will be to dial in the desired amount of wheelspin. Of course after you burn through the first set of tires and get a stickier compound you'll have to recalibrate anyway :-P

Oh man this might be a pucker master. I've driven my share of <3k lb 600whp+ cars and always remember that first time you get into it and realize that they are not joking. Makes your butt twitch a bit! Looking forward to that.

Got the cold side and pcv sorted. Brakes and wiring this week.

0TVvGsZh.jpg

7fyIQIih.jpg

3Zrcemyh.jpg

vjXYHcVh.jpg

duxGgTLh.jpg

Dude, you are getting close! Take some video when you fire it up for the first time.

Nice logical routing of the charge plumbing, and that cooler looks nice and girthy.

I'm sure you have thought about this but I'd for sure recommend some sort of bellypan or impact guard for the lower half of the intercooler. With the glass airdam I'm guessing you will have plenty of room for both ducting and protection under there.

Back