• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Alternative to Polaris center cap

))<>((

Addicted242boost
One of my Polaris caps were lost by a wheel shop, so I had to find an alternative since the original 3529610/3529609 are NLA.

I measured the stock cap at 2.25" or ~57mm. My search brought me to an amazon page listing 30638642 ( -2004 s40).

The cap is quite a bit flatter than the stock polaris cap, but it fits nicely. These are still available from Volvo. I hope this helps other capless Polaris and Galaxy owners.

Photos:

IMG_20130610_175623.jpg

IMG_20130610_175629.jpg

IMG_20130610_175647.jpg

IMG_20130610_180244.jpg

Damn, you didn't already know about those? Justin was in the same boat on his 9 after he got the Polaris' and ended up going the same route as well.

Cool enough. He did the same digging it sounds like you did and came up with that number to try about a year or so back. Those things are less than $10 each from the local dealer even!

Cool enough. He did the same digging it sounds like you did and came up with that number to try about a year or so back. Those things are less than $10 each from the local dealer even!

Yea, I was surprised at how cheap they are.

Ive found they are too loose. Any movement by the centre cap will soon chafe the paint around it and cause the paint to peel.

Could just be one of the caps we tried. I have two different types of S40 cap but cant remember which P/N we tried.

One fits fine as I have them in my Galaxies. Ill have to check the P/N's
IMAG0962_zpsfcccb4a4.jpg

They are less than 1/16" smaller than a standard 850/70/etc cap. I had mine machined out - cost about $100 for all 4 and they matched the lip perfectly. The caps fit better than they originally did. Then you can use the newer iron mark caps. :oogle:

Back