• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Texas240 was 16v but now LM7 5.3L

Lookin good! I didn't know you were putting that snail on a 16 valve... Clearance was fine on a 90+ with the 8 valve head, but adding the width of the 16v, along with the adapter, might be kinda tight.

You call that a snail, its more like a tumor on the side of a face...:lol: Hopefully by the time the engine is built I'll have sourced some tight schedule 40 bends and have a mani welded up. I could always make a 90? bend on the 90+ and adapt something.

My wallet is the limit.. Ohh wait:wtf:

of course not... thats how we jews role.. Holding out to the last minute and doesnt help that my dad wants to stick this in it for the winter.

472b.jpg
Stealth +t!!!!!!!!

Stealth +t!!!!!!!!

THis is my dads plan if he was remotely rich: pull out the lovely TR3A engine w/ mosh gear box and stick in a duratech V6 W/ automatic and AC... I say corvette engine which has been done before but only on the +8 morgans.

another day of what I call progress, slow but progress. Like I said before, this wont be a fast build.

I went and picked up the block from Jon (swiftjustice44) were he put the block in a giant parts cleaner/ washing machine and stopped by the machine shop to get a price for decking and getting new valve guides put in.

e57b214f.jpg

When I got back home I attempted to tap the oil return and this **** happens to me

e4617515.jpg

58c6120d.jpg

It seems to me when I tapped my block, i had to drill out the hole the rest of the way.....its like where the seal rides is a good hole, but it gets to small down low.

It seems to me when I tapped my block, i had to drill out the hole the rest of the way.....its like where the seal rides is a good hole, but it gets to small down low.

I made sure this time that I drilled all the way through the blank bunk and wall. The tap started off really easy then just stopped. Any thoughts for tomorrow when I try again with a new one?

I made sure this time that I drilled all the way through the blank bunk and wall. The tap started off really easy then just stopped. Any thoughts for tomorrow when I try again with a new one?

ATF and walk it in back and forth, about 1/8 turn at a time.

its kinda hard to break a tap that big be careful bud dont reef on them. turn 1/4 to 1/2 turn and back it out keep doing that to clear the shavings so it doesnt jam up. cast iron is pretty easy to tap compared to small taps with thick aluminum.

its kinda hard to break a tap that big be careful bud dont reef on them. turn 1/4 to 1/2 turn and back it out keep doing that to clear the shavings so it doesnt jam up. cast iron is pretty easy to tap compared to small taps with thick aluminum.

Now I'm at the point were I need a breaker bar to man handle 1/4 of a turn. If I can get hold of a proper 12 point socket I'll use my impact gun

Back