• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Vancity Volvos

Vancity volvo's!!

How are we all doing?

Hey Leivon!

Working remotely so not getting in the garage as much as I'd like, but not complaining to be working when so many people aren't. I really want to get the Wilwoods on the Fridge.

M.

Well broke the extractor.

Should be safe with 3 out 4 lower ball joint bolts.

So the strut spacer. They drift out from the top hitting down?

Well broke the extractor.

Should be safe with 3 out 4 lower ball joint bolts.

So the strut spacer. They drift out from the top hitting down?
No, they come out the top.

Me, working from my second home (the shop). We're open as we're able since we're an essential service.

Someone should tell my boss that architectural model making is not an essential service so I can be at home. She is going to keep the doors open on our shop until the government forces her hand... Still working (at work) over here.

Wilwood upgrade sounds like a great plan, Mark.

Pete... I have a front strut assembly, but when I broke the bolt in my brake caliper I had to drill it out. During that process I'm pretty sure I did some minor damage to the threads, so I'm saving that strut for when I do my next brake job. If it was driver's side I would have had you covered, but it seems we both failed on the same corners of our cars.

Levion, hope you got that caliper bolt sorted.

so I got some struts, they were rough. cleaned up not bad though.

XDMyvJfb.jpg

6xGj1aub.jpg

QiYcMX9b.jpg

long shot but does anyone have any backing plates and the backing plate shims for sale?

mine might be serviceable if i swap over.

Pete

Valve covers just done. Didn't seem to have belt or tensioner issues yet, but I'll plan for that. Thanks!

They rarely go with much warning. You need to make the idlers a regular maintenance thing. If they fail, the front cover of the engine is destroyed. That is not fun.

Jordan

Annnnnd... Finished.
Rear axle swap with some nice new poly trailing arm bushings (thanks AJ) was last week and the Turbo swap was finished up yesterday.

Coolant expansion tank and air filter also deserve a thanks to AJ.

No boost controller so I'm just running on wastegate(6psi) for now, but god damn what a difference. I forgot how satisfying those spooly spool and choo choo noises are.

Attachments

• IMG_20200519_172731208.jpg
    IMG_20200519_172731208.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 359
Back