• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

1992 244 F+T daily driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike, car looks awesome. THE ultimate daily. 189 white?

What is the M45 shifter?

Also, those tail lights look great in the pictures. I've been contemplating a set. I'd be curious to know if they leak - did you use the stock gaskets or the gaskets they came with? Hard decision for $100+ . . .

Used the gaskets they came with. They will leak, fill, and the lenses eventually come loose. The car had standard aftermarket tails and both had a lens popping off. Rob's got a lens coming off his clears, too. The sockets will overheat so don't use these on an automatic car that sees a lot of steady application of the brake pedal.

The lights I took off the car had three holes drilled under the three segments. The fit is not great, and the gaskets don't really seem to get crimped in a good spot on the housing.

But they look good, so I'm satisfied. $140 shipped. One broke in shipping cause the box is too small and snug...took about 3 weeks to send it back and get a replacement sent out.

Have not found any shots from H2O yet, but one background...

DSC00893.jpg

What is the M45 shifter?
Just the M45 knob...it's hard plastic and stays on the shifter, unlike the squishy rubber M46/47 knob that flies off easily. M45 knob is shaped different, flatter I think. I like it better. Had it in the '87, but just pulled the M47 for a T5.

Wow, your DD is super clean looks great dood! 15g at any point in time?

This car is very close to what i would want if i had a second car.

Have a 60/63 that I rebuilt. Would sooner swap on a .48 turbine and run that. Have a 740 Pierburg external CBV and pre-turbo hose to go along with a 240 Diesel airbox that fits on the passengers side. Would like to put on a clutch fan and 240 Turbo Intercooler fan shroud that I have, too. Want it to look stock'ish. The only extra gauge I have is the stock 240 Turbo boost gauge.

E-fans look stock if you don't ugly the wiring IMO. I mean every transversely mounted motor since forever has had an electric fan. Just don't chop the 850/960 fan because that would be ugly.

I like the fans out of some older FWD Pontiacs. The shroud fits perfect on the radiator.

Similar to this:
art0008_img006.jpg

I bought a nice waterproof fuse holder to rid myself of the wired-hot e-fan. Going to hide the relay and fix the wiring one of these days.

Price is less. If you have to ask, you don't know what forum you're reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back