• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Saab APC: Modifying and Installing

Hi Broke4speed the pms are sent if you need coin for the shipping I'm more than fine with this. LMK what u need. In the meantime I may have made a killer score. An Autronic SMC PNP for subaru that has a dwell board on it, Its something that I need. But This ecu will also accept the knock board posted that surprisingly is not that expensive after checking. The guy claims he only want a few yards for it all so Imma jump all over the deal. Autronic has the connectors to turn the subaru plug in play and open ecu for anybody. They could have this 2000 ecu for less than a ms. All this is available and its all interesting but I still wont throw my APC or tinkering ideas in the trash.

Thank you for sending the unit this way versus discarding it.
Hubert

Last edited:
Hi Broke4speed the pms are sent if you need coin for the shipping I'm more than fine with this. LMK what u need. In the meantime I may have made a killer score. An Autronic SMC PNP for subaru that has a dwell board on it, Its something that I need. But This ecu will also accept the knock board posted that surprisingly is not that expensive after checking. The guy claims he only want a few yards for it all so Imma jump all over the deal. Autronic has the connectors to turn the subaru plug in play and open ecu for anybody. They could have this 2000 ecu for less than a ms. All this is available and its all interesting but I still wont throw my APC or tinkering ideas in the trash.

Thank you for sending the unit this way versus discarding it.
Hubert

I sent you a message about the APC package...check your PMs. I can't send it out until I hear back from you ;).

That’s pretty awesome

Are you going to actually hook up a display and demo it?

I want to see one in action also I want one lol

Ok cool I was more just being jokey anyway not trying to distract from the project. Can’t wait to see it in operation.

Is this going in a 740?

Assume the lcd could be whatever size. Have you thought about cabin placement? Might be cool in the rectangle gap above the ashtray below the head unit?

ick8nGV.jpg

Im modding the two I have this way and adding digital pots so I can store settings and return at any time. I would like to add visual display of the knock and boost rise rate.

7vglE5E.jpg

boost.jpg

Regards
Hubert

Last edited:
BOM
Qty.
1 Xicor X9C102 1000 ohm digital pot
2 Xicor X9C503 50 kohm digital pot
1 39k ohm 1/4 watt resistors.
1 Jumper wire

FeLWY4n.jpg

You can also get a knock sensor with shielded wire already attached.
Regards
Hubert

I just received the 50 Kohm pots. This BOM is taking a long time to get in. I have the general code figured out for analog devices dpots but need to tailor it specifically to the XICOR. Its amazing how long its taking to get the resistors in bulk. I hate radio shack fell off. It was a perfect place for little thru hole components and general IC's I could just walk in a buy over counter.

Regards,
Hubert

Back