• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Another (ABS) R-x7 (Caliper Conversion) (he didnt search)

Klech

Only 2 questions because I know this topic is old. I have searched ALOT

1.On a 92 240 DL with ABS, does converting to Rx-7 brakes require removing ABS components or would ABS work fine with this conversion? Do any of the other big brake mods hinder ABS capacities? I realize these questions are most likely no but I have to make sure because broke from covid

2. Is there any point in putting Rx-7 brakes on the rear if a V8 swap is in the future?

Thank you for any advice at all

Ok.
No money, no stated goals, no history/mods list, assuming stock?
RX7 rear?

If you find yourself in a braking quandary, List problems. We will help you.

Ok.
No money, no stated goals, no history/mods list, assuming stock?
RX7 rear?

If you find yourself in a braking quandary, List problems. We will help you.

I was simply trying to figure out if putting the rx-7 brakes on the front of the car would hinder abs at all on an 92 abs volvo 240 dl that is stock. The only thing im seeing that could be a possible issue is the clearance between the trigger wheel and the caliper & rotor.

Also since the ABS 240s only have one brake line i was thinking you wouldn't have to plug anything on the junction block unlike with other 240s without ABS so i was hoping i could get a little input on any potential problems ABS would present with this conversion.

I didnt mention budget because I didn't see any relevance.

I didn't say you left out your budget. You said right there you are broke.
So my advice is "if it ain't broke, don't **** wit it" as the old guy said.

Yes, ABS will still function if the tone ring to sensor clearance is correct, it only cares about the signals from the sensors.

I need brakes and at least 1 new caliper regardless which is the reason i was asking. I wanted to see of anyone knew for sure that there would be no issues before I threw money. Thank you for your response

Back