• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Electric Fan Conversion

Yes, that's what I have for my radiator screw in one. I don't know if it works in the Saab housing though, does it??

Yes, that's what I have for my radiator screw in one. I don't know if it works in the Saab housing though, does it??

Different threads and diameters. The SAAB ones are much bigger around than any screw-in 240 radiator switch I've seen. Should be able to get the same temp range senders though.

The temp ranges that I have found in Saabs are:
92/87
82/77
77/72 (?)
Those are ones you've actually seen stamped on the senders when they're still in their natural habitat? Have you seen them for sale at the different temperatures, before?

Pull a lower temp Saab one out of the radiator, halfway down on the driver's side. That's where I find the 87/92 ones usually.

PDX240 is correct - the senders that are installed in the T-fittings are for the AC fan (?). This one is usually 100/115 (?) or some higher range of temperature.
The sender in the radiator is for the engine fan (?) and is almost always a lower temp range sender.

Pull a lower temp Saab one out of the radiator, halfway down on the driver's side. That's where I find the 87/92 ones usually.
I'm assuming those ones that are in the radiator fit into the T pipe?

I ordered a 77/82 for the saab T and installed it last weekend. Much better, fan comes on at just below the middle of the gauge, rather than just above it like before. I'll post a part number when I'm off work.

Seems like theres a lot of confusion regarding how to hook up an e-fan using a newer model LH2.4 ECU. Because I know I was confused until I stumbled upon an extremely easy solution to get it working correctly.

My Volvo, 1990 780, B230. Newer model ECU 954.

Using the pin out info listed here...
http://www.nord-com.net/stoni/lh_ezk.html

Low speed connected to pin 10.

20130701_131632.jpg

Using a spare Bosch connector, (same one that plugs into a fuel injector). Pulled the connector from the Bosch connector and snapped it into the pin 10 connection on the ECU wiring harness and ran it to the low speed side of the fan relay. Havent tried pin 11 yet for the high speed side of the relay but pretty sure it will work too. ;-) Also an empty slot in the 1990 ECU wiring assembly harness.

Fan turns on low after about 30 seconds after the engine starts, turns off with the ignition.

Tried terminal 7 and 22 but both are grounded until turning on the ignition.

Wire to low speed side.

20130701_134944.jpg

Fan hack.

20130701_135306.jpg

20130630_194916.jpg

And tha 780 (aka.Toni)

20130701_123948.jpg

Thermo Switch P/N's

For those people who are looking for part numbers for the thermo switch to fit the Saab T

Napa Part #'s

FS150 92?C/87?C
FS193 82?C/68?C
FS194 87?C/77?C

All of these are 2 prong switches with M22 thread

For those people who are looking for part numbers for the thermo switch to fit the Saab T

Napa Part #'s

FS150 92?C/87?C
FS193 82?C/68?C
FS194 87?C/77?C

All of these are 2 prong switches with M22 thread

Excellent info! I sourced mine online but local is always nice!

Back