• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Another no spark

durk80

Good evening everyone. I was putting wiring loom on my harness today after repairing some connections and now my 90 240 will not start. I've checked for spark and there isn't any spark from the ignition coil. All of the fuses are good. I hear the main relay click when turning the key. The CPS has .287 V when cranking with red/yellow and the other wire from the volt meter to the negative battery terminal. The red/yellow and blue/yellow wires show 170 ohms. I have checked the wiring to the ignition coil. There is approx. .1 volt when the key is turned on from terminals 1 and 15. Shouldn't this be 12 volts? I've swapped out the coil and it returned the same results. Timing belt is secure and turning. After looking at the 'No Start' thread, I am stumped at what to look for next. I did not check the ignition control module near the battery as I wasn't sure what those readings should be. Thank you for your assistance. I appreciate others knowledge and experience!

It's now fixed. After tearing out the ignition switch and testing continuity to the coil, I was able to rule that out. It turns out that those cheap blue plastic bullet connectors that passed the pull test did not pass the continuity test from the connector to the ignition coil. I think I will just hard wire it right into the harness to avoid other troubles.

Take a good look at your fuses too, They can cause the no 12v to the terminal 15 of the coil. Glad you got it figured out. You can use a test light on terminal 1 on the coil and see the switching of the ignition when cranking.

Take a good look at your fuses too, They can cause the no 12v to the terminal 15 of the coil. Glad you got it figured out. You can use a test light on terminal 1 on the coil and see the switching of the ignition when cranking.

Thank you, dl242gt for your expertise. You always seem to have some practical tips up your sleeve and yet simple to execute. I will have to try using a test light to see the switching of the coil in action.

Back