• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

940 seats in a 240

jcrump84

lives for the weekend....
Well the other day Weezil and i went to a junk yard and we ended up getting a pair of great 940 front leather seats. And so today after much procrastination I adapted the runners from the stock 240 seats to bolt right on to the 940 seat. It was really easy to do and all it took was misc 8mm bolts and nuts, washers a hack saw and a drill. So really anyone could do it. I think we got the front seats for like $75us and they are in really good shape. I will take pictures of the whole process for the front drivers side and then post it on Weezil's web site. Hopefully i will have the pics up some time tomorrow. If you have any questions about it dont hesitate to ask. Thanks

Jordan

jcrumpie58@hotmail.com

i got a set from a c70 on ebay for 40.00 dollars not too hard to fit into my 245. nice leather seats with much better support. :-)

I was under the impression that only 240 seats would fit into a 240, due to the width of the seat. This is really great info! Were you able to keep the e-brake cover in place?

I am looking for a pair of black leather seats for my '88 240 and was beginning to think there weren't any out there. What other seats will fit into a 240??

Well to answer your question the 940 seats that i put in are actually the same width as the stock 240 seats. So, the e-brake cover and everything else stayed as stock. Really all it envolved was talking the all of the sliding hardware from the 240 seat and changing it to fit the 940 seat. So the passenger seat was really easy to do, while it was a little harder to do the driver seat. For the driver seat i had to remove all of the adjustable height stuff and make new brackets out of metal stock. It really was easy. So we know that the 940 seats can be done, and i dont see why you could'nt use the same idea and apply it to other seats

Jordan

Yeah, this topic is very important to me... I am sick and tired of those stupid buttons wearing out my pants :rant:
Anyways, I really do not want to convert anything in my car, besides the rails to some degree.... don't want to slave away at it. What seat have you guys found fit in your cars? Ideally I would want some fabric seats cause I don't like how hot leather gets in the summer, how cold it is in the winter, and how much maintainance it takes to keep up.

Oh well, thanks guys <><
Kirk

I am going to take pics tomorrow because i need to make another bracket to mount the seat a little farther back, i am a tall guy so it is just a little cramped for my liking. But i really is not that bad to do, noly minor modification once you know what to do. And it is just the fronts. So i have gray leather fronts and the stock black leather rear. I pulled the rear from the same car but that would have been a real chore. Not so much actually getting the rear seat to mount in, but i would of had to cut and shape the foam under the seat to get it to hug the fender well. And the other thing is the rear seat from the 940 is like 3 parts. So to get it to match would have really been a pain. They really dont look out of place of my rear though, i am just going to paint gray accents in my interior to make the seats match a little better. Good Luck.

Jordan

740 in 240?

Does anyone know if 740 seats will fit into my 240? I found some tan leather seats, front and back out of a wrecked 744T cheap.

700/900 seats swap like cake, atleast on 90+ cars. So, Jordan, I gather that you are running the driver side sans height adjustment? That sounds a little uncomfortable, especially since the 240 is more conducive to an upright seating position than a 700, and especially a 900 which sits you a little lower than even a 700.

Last edited:
How is the seat height? Did any adjustments like height or sliding not carry over after adapting the brackets?

Philip Bradley

I'd like to know about this as well. The drivers seat on my 240 is wasted and long past it's use by date. I've seen some nice seats at the yard.

This thread was started about 16 months ago, and neither Jordan nor Ben have 240s anymore, so if they haven't posted pics yet I wouldn't hold your breath.

Just thought you might like to know...

Alright, i'm gonna give the 940 > 240 seat conversion a shot.
If anyone has got pictures or this switch or a better description than "really easy to do and all it took was misc 8mm bolts and nuts, washers a hack saw and a drill", please post it.
I'll try taking some pics of what i do.

Cyars

finally was able to put 940 seats in a 240. it was quite simple. all it took ws some slabs of thick steel in which we screw the 940 seats into and then attach the steel slab to the old 240 seat mounting points. if you want pics then you can email me at seb8191@gmail.com

Back