• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Engine Missing

Tunatime

Hi all volvo people I've just been removing things from my 940 ac condenser ect, front chassis weights,radio charcoal canister and iac valve. I've blocked of vacuum ports on manifold and iac and also blocked of the hose coming from intercooler piping to the iac valve and now it's got a misfire any suggestions also I've wound the little adjustment screw to make it idol. Any help would be great

Seems weird that it would plenty of people out there remove the same things and have no issues. I may have bumped something could even be fuel pump

Whoa, I checked and now mine's missing too!!!

ILmjZRmh.jpg

Lol in New zealand we say the the engine has a miss or its missing instead of misfire or we just call it f#$ked haha

Well you gave these guys the chance to rick roll you and they took it.

All of the things you disabled on your engine may have caused a large vacuum or air leak. Air leaks can make the engine misfire. I don't understand why you would remove the idle management and charcoal canister. They are things that help your engine run better and pollute less.

If you removed the charcoal canister how did you vent the fuel tank? Did you also delete the vacuum source to the fuel pressure regulator? It probably needs that Idle air hose reconnected to the intercooler tube even if only to run a ball valve to control idle air.

Last edited:
I don't understand why you would remove the idle management and charcoal canister. They are things that help your engine run better and pollute less.

:nod:

I've heard and read that this is a thing that some people actually do and always wonder what they want to achieve with this.
Maybe OP can explain?

Back