• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

B230 16V sport exhaust header options

Bas.

He guys,

I am running a B234 16v head on my B230. Built into my 1986 Volvo 240. I am researching what options there are for a more sportier exhaust header.

Does any of you guys have any recommendations or tips of standard parts which fit on the conversion?

If you want to buy an off the shelf product. KGTrimning and JT-tuning are a couple places that come to mind. Shipping is a lot closer for you.

You can have a good sport exhaust with the stock exhaust manifold. Use the stock front pipe and build the exhaust at 2.5" from the merge in the front pipe. If you build a 2.5" system from there back and it should do pretty well.

I see Classic Swede replied. They have some nice parts for you, too.

Last edited:
You can have a good sport exhaust with the stock exhaust manifold. Use the stock front pipe and build the exhaust at 2.5" from the merge in the front pipe. If you build a 2.5" system from there back and it should do pretty well.

Exactly. Can't imagine that a NA 16V needs much more than the factory "cast header" and a full 2.5" system to the exit.

It will change the sound though, and for the better.

Any idea on weight savings? I'd imagine the cast piece is pretty heavy, and that might make it worth it depending on application.

EDIT: Ancient post, sorry. Poking around some 16v ideas and forgot what year it was...

Last edited:
Any idea on weight savings? I'd imagine the cast piece is pretty heavy, and that might make it worth it depending on application.

EDIT: Ancient post, sorry. Poking around some 16v ideas and forgot what year it was...

It's significantly lighter. Easily able to pick it up one-handed.
I didn't get a weight difference though.

He guys,

I am running a B234 16v head on my B230. Built into my 1986 Volvo 240. I am researching what options there are for a more sportier exhaust header.

Does any of you guys have any recommendations or tips of standard parts which fit on the conversion?

what kind of timing belt setup are u running

Back