• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

seeking injector wisdom (bosch green tops)

nickvolvo746

-1994 940 B230ft Lh2.4,

After doing some research and going through some pretty old threads, I'm curious if anyone can throw me a bone here about some injector stuff. The main question is:
- Do I need to run an adjustable fuel pressure regulator with these injectors (ive heard both yes and no)
Bosch Green Giant injector (42lb) -EDITED from "green top"
Part number -9202100

-I am aiming for at least 250 hp but also sorta hoping I can hit the 300 range down the road. I currently have some ford brown top (36lb) injectors that can go in but why not just cut right to the point eh?

any input here greatly appreciated!

-EDIT-

*I feel it prudent to add that I have done a respectable amount of "Stage 0" already and will be doing more of it before I turn the key with all the extra goodies hooked up.

The injectors I am seeking will be in conjunction with:
-t3/t4-60 ebay turbo (substantially larger than the stock 13c)

-chipped stock Lh2.4 and ezk:
I plan on using some TLAO chips, but could potentially go the route of using moates and tunerpro (maybe even moates ostrich). I am new to tuning and eager to try and figure it out, but I also want to have some chips that have been properly set up so I have something to fall back on, hence reaching out to TLOA (I'm just waiting to figure out exactly what injectors I really want before bothering him more, and then I can go ahead and get the ecu's set up)

-Looking to have a pretty moderate boost level (10-15 at least, but I plan on starting low and working my way up to see how lh2.4 and all the components respond to everything.

-This wont be a daily driver, but knowing me I will be driving it a lot.

Last edited:
To prevent confusion...the 9202100 injectors (Bosch 0 280 155 968) are referred to as "green giants".
The stock B230FT injectors (Bosch 0 280 150 804) are referred to as "green tops"

Make sure that you remove the resistor pack used with the stock injectors when switching to high impedance injectors such as the 968s.

Can you provide more information on your engine / EMS setup to help get a better answer to your question?
Stock LH2.4? Chipped? Stock 13C turbo? Boost level?

To prevent confusion...the 9202100 injectors (Bosch 0 280 155 968) are referred to as "green giants".
The stock B230FT injectors (Bosch 0 280 150 804) are referred to as "green tops"

Make sure that you remove the resistor pack used with the stock injectors when switching to high impedance injectors such as the 968s.

Can you provide more information on your engine / EMS setup to help get a better answer to your question?
Stock LH2.4? Chipped? Stock 13C turbo? Boost level?

-thanks for that, I changed it to green giant and added the other information as well, sorry for not adding it in the first place.

-I have already looked into the resistor mod or delete and am prepared to do exactly that, but mainly curious how the green giants behave with Lh2.4 and if the adjustable FPR is a must

Hi
This size injector is usually used in conjunction with the larger AMM (can never remember if its the 012 or 016) as the extra fuel approximately matches the increase in air. The standard 3 bar fpr is fine for this though I would recommend getting chips.
Have you considered using the deka 108420 mini injectors? - same amount of fuel but a pencil fuel stream to avoid port soak.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/GENUINE-10...e-Fuel-Injector-48mm-Short-1-PC-/293262107668
I've bought some but have not actually used them yet so I can't report on how they act.
Being mini you need to get some hat extenders too so that they will fit in the stock fuel rail.
Tim

Hi
This size injector is usually used in conjunction with the larger AMM (can never remember if its the 012 or 016) as the extra fuel approximately matches the increase in air. The standard 3 bar fpr is fine for this though I would recommend getting chips.
Have you considered using the deka 108420 mini injectors? - same amount of fuel but a pencil fuel stream to avoid port soak.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/GENUINE-10...e-Fuel-Injector-48mm-Short-1-PC-/293262107668
I've bought some but have not actually used them yet so I can't report on how they act.
Being mini you need to get some hat extenders too so that they will fit in the stock fuel rail.
Tim

Hey Tim,
thanks for the response. I have not considered those minis, but I will look around and see whats what. If you end up using yours soon, please let me know how they do

I tried green giants with a Holset HX30 on an otherwise stock b230FD....it ran pig rich, and cold start up would smoke you out till it warmed up.

I think the 012 amm is required to run green giants on LH2.4, I used the blue bosch injectors from an s70 and sold the green giants for a loss after less than 20 miles of use.

I'm running 18 pounds of boost with the small Holset with great results!

I tried green giants with a Holset HX30 on an otherwise stock b230FD....it ran pig rich, and cold start up would smoke you out till it warmed up.

I think the 012 amm is required to run green giants on LH2.4, I used the blue bosch injectors from an s70 and sold the green giants for a loss after less than 20 miles of use.

I'm running 18 pounds of boost with the small Holset with great results!

Cool, thanks for the input

I'm running Bosch Gen III white composite body injectors (0 280 155 811) on 1988 760 with B230FT on LH 2.2. I'm running a BMW 2.5 Bar fuel pressure regulator. At 3 Bar there was too much fuel flow.

Back